Why isn't he breaking up with his girlfriend and getting back with me?

My ex boyfriend broke up with me last year and went back with his on again off again ex girlfriend and they've been together ever since and from what I hear, they fight a lot over everything even over food and the littlest things. And my bff told me they were supposed to get married last February but I started dating him last February until March. And here's the thing. I don't know why he won't just break up with her and get back with me. In the past he's said he was gonna but he didn't do it and on Saturday he was talking to my staff and he said something about getting back with me. I don't know what it was. All I heard was "Regrese con (my name) which means "go back with (my name)". And his girlfriend and everyone at his day program say that they're gonna get married but when I'd ask him in the past, he'd say no. Then I asked him on Saturday or yesterday "Be honest. Are you gonna marry her or not?" He said "Don't ask that."
4
2