My girlfriend and I had our first big fight, and I honestly don't think it's something we can come back from?

We've been going out for about a year and she very suddenly brought up some stuff that I had no idea were issues in our relationship. Most of it stems from a lack of communication, we texted a ton about it yesterday and had a lengthy phone call today. I know that couples have fights and work things out and try to improve things, but the phone call was not very productive at all and just really didn't go well. I feel terrible about ending it after our first big fight, because we didn't even try to fix it, but it came on so suddenly that I can't really see this not happening in the future. And after the phone call, she started sending some emotionally manipulative messages like "do I think the relationship should get more serious?" and "I just need to know you want me!!". All of this after about a day of kind of being torn down and not really feeling loved or appreciated myself, so I wasn't in any sort of position, emotionally, to say I wanted her. But have any of you ever broke up after a single fight? How did it go over?
8
3