Should I break up with my boyfriend?

I just found out that I have depression and I was wondering if I should break up with my boyfriend? I can't imagine that it's easy dating me and I don't want to put him through the emotional stuff of me trying to get better. So should I go ahead and end it?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• First rule. Never take a decision while depressed or even just in a bad mood.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honey if he can't handle your depressed pike my ex couldn't handle my mental illness then dump him like I dumped her

What Guys Said 4

• you're gonna have to share these emotions if you get married one day. if you don't think he's the one to share these then it is your choice

• Welcome to the club. I told myself that I could work on myself, and so I didn't give up despite my fate.

• I told him the situation and he said that he loves me and we can get through anything. So that's a good starting point. How is your experience going?

• We had a few shocking conversations. But I feel a lot better with him knowing all of that stuff now.

• I don't really care anymore either, who I tell my stuff to. Meanwhile it can be some friend as well, I just want to get my stuff of my chest.

• if u really think.. you can make it without him, or he will easily survive without you go ahead..

• Misery loves company, so yes. It will make him depressed and leave him beside himself. And it will leave you without someone who might otherwise support you and try to help you.

What Girls Said 1

• So you can isolate yourself and feel even worse? No.