When your head and your heart tell you two different things.. Which do you follow?

1716

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say logic. Because to follow one's heart without logic would like asking for trouble. Want extreme example where logic and heart plays key roles?

Imagine the worst possible situation. Your heart isn't going to rejoice; it's going to be down and depressed. Your heart says let's end it all but your mind says otherwise because logically you don't know what's on the other side and it could be scary. Which would you choose?

Not convinced? Let's say you are really thirsty but have only 1 dollar. You see a vending machine but you are 25c short. Your heart says it wants water and now. Your logic says, let's see how I can come up with 25c instead of getting frustrated and beating the machine up, possibly lending me in jail. Which would you choose?

Not the type of example? Relationship? Let's say the heart wants what it wants... It'll end as soon as whatever stimulated the heart isn't there because logically there was nothing anchoring the two's values on the same place. Just mere emotions that can alter by the right stimuli.

Bottom line is that a decision made by mere spur of the moment with no logic is short lived and foolish. Logic based heart decisions on the other hand can be stable.

Most Helpful Girl

• I follow my heart. maybe at that time the outcome is not good for me. but later I realize that it was something good in doing that. I follow my heart. my mind just puts negative thoughts. and even if at the time my mind seems right but what the heart tells is always somewhat beneficial

What Guys Said 15

• always trust your first instinct weather it's your heart, your guts or your mind because if there's something not quite right it'll be your first thought feeling or your stomach might get a funny feeling in it,, your first feeling is usually the correct answer

• I have a lump of the hardest, densest material in the universe, chilled to absolute zero, where most people have a heart. So it's about as good a brain when it comes to deciding which to follow.

• Well don't ignore your brain, chances are it's telling you common sense.

• Always follow your head, because hearts always change their minds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbUC-UaAxE

• I think with my head, it's usually right.

• That conflict will always be there, what a beautiful thing life is. Neither is right or wrong but circumstances are everything.

Figure out what your goal is, be objective and be ready to toughen up because it's suppose to be hard

• head

• My head. Logic makes sense. While feelings make emotions.

• Always my heart! (Or try very hard to, at least. 😕)

• I go by what my head tells me by make sure I feel it in my heart.

• head because it's probably right

• My stomach.

• I follow my heart but remain level headed

• my heart

• You go with your guy filling

What Girls Said 16

• Your head - your heart will make you do something you'll regret at times. Your head will help you see things more clearly

• My intuition, coz my heart is too emotional and my head can be indecisive , but my intuition will guide me to what's right or wrong for me. It sees and feels what my head and heart can't

• Which ever brings me less pain in the long run.

If it's about a guy, I try to follow my mind to not contact etc if he is not good for me.

• Always follow your gut! I trusted my gut instinct and found out my SO was cheating. I feel your heart is weaker and leads to making poor decisions Good luck.

• I have no idea. I don't even know who I am. Sometimes my heart is right and sometimes my head is, but I honestly don't know when it's one or the other.

• My head... it seems to be the sane one is the 2 lol.

• I follow my mind

• My head, because my head is the logical one. My heart is ruled by emotions and that's not very "smart".

• Head

• Follow your heart and use your head. Your heart sometimes leads you away without thinking sensibly.

• These are organs, they can't speak! 😑

• I would say go with Ur heart BC with your head you sometimes do the most logically thing not the thing that will make you happy.

• I usually follow my head even if I know it's wrong

• heart if it's too do with a loved one. head in other matters

• Heart doesn't pay bills or feed families.

Basically, every successful person knows how to manage their emotions and focus on goals designed by the head.

• I'm talking about love and relationships not careers.

• You get my point, regardless.

• Who did you check with and what was the drug? I know when I thought like you that the exception to the rule wouldn't impress me, then my pot smoking millionaire friend who can't go but 4 hours without bought his house cash for his wife, who didn't even smoke at the time told me that she was glad she didn't see him as an addict at the time. haven't talked to her lately, they busy travelling the world before she gets pregnant. They told me THC was a drug in school, and every 4 hours? His heart is all about his grow lab, and if he had brains I could finish this sentence.

• Your heart