Can I get my ex boyfriend back? Is there a chance based on our history and what he's saying?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and 5 months. We love each other so much and spend a lot of time together. He even got me a promise ring and constantly tells me he wants to marry me and that he knows I'm the one. He says no one else even compares to me. We have broken up before in the past but we always get back together. The longest time we've been broken up for was 1 full week. He broke up with me this past Sunday because he "wants to be single and spend time with family and friends" he wants to just be a teenager and live his life. He says I'm his best friend and he wants me to continue being in his life forever whether it's as a friend or more. He says if we're meant to be we'll come back to each other in the future. The past 2 days we've been texting non stop as friends and laughing and having good convos. We have never stayed friends while broken up and we have the no contact rule. Which results in him running back to me saying I'm the one and how without me something in his life is missing. This morning we decided to have sex and it would be just sex. We did that but afterwards we talked and he said sex meant a lot to him and he loves me and wants me back but he can't because he needs to do this for himself. He doesn't want to be with me while he's having thoughts of being single. He needs to go explore and then later if I'm still there and want him he wants me back "whether it takes months or a year" he's telling me to move on for now and be happy and live my life. That he'll always love me and I will never be "just a friend" to him no matter what. He got jealous that a guy flirted with me today. He told me he couldn't continue talking to me so much because it's making it hard for him to move on and he's getting too attached to me. So right now we're not talking and he said he'll talk to me every now and then so we can still have a connection. Do we have a chance? Should I cut all communication off so he can miss me like always?

02

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 0