What is my ex boyfriends deal?

My ex and I broke up less than a month ago after one year. Before we both knew it we were back to spending time together, still say we love each other, still use forms of endearment, are affectionate, etc. He said that before we even talk about us, there needs to be changes. For example, I've been looking for work and he is trying to get his finances in order and work on anger issues. This week he went away on business, and I am at his apartment watching our puppy. He said that when he gets back, we need to spend actual time apart to grow independently. I miss him so much already, and as clear as he put things I'm having a hard time coping. The only thing that helps is that he says he'll be back before I know it, and that he loves me and only wants me. He also asked what I would be doing while he was away, to which i said I'd be making positive changes. He agreed that while we were still involved, it is a given that he would not sleep with other people and still only wants me in that way. How do I stay positive and distracted while he is gone, and what can I do to get him to miss me while he is away? If he was done for good I wouldn't be watching his house right? (He trusts me)
What is my ex boyfriends deal?
Add Opinion