He broke up with me... so why is he still contacting me?

My ex boyfriend broke up with me 3 weeks ago, but still tries contacting me daily. Why is he doing this if he dumped me? What does this mean? Is he wanting to get back together? He knows that I want to work it out, but he says he needs time, but then still reaches out constantly.

So many mixed signals. What should I do? Especially if I do want him back?

1212

Most Helpful Guy

• he knows you want him back, so he's possibly trying to use that to drag you along as a backup. i know several guys who have done this. If he starts to get lonely then he decides to get back with his ex.

Most Helpful Girl

• He is probably bored. He is going to do this until he finds another girl. He doesn't want you back, if he did he would tell you. But he plays with your feelings. So ignore him, block him and move on. Stop wasting your time.

What Guys Said 11

• sex.

• Happen to me.
    They say you hurt the one you love.
    I broke up with a gal I truly loved, but she was 3,000 miles away, and the time we spent together was too infrequent.
    But even yoday, I miss her.

• probably cuz he still wants sex. im guilty of doing this myself

• sorry but he want to use the thing between your legs... how many times he use it already?

• He still has feelings for you

• cause he wants that puss without you attached ez git gud

• do you want the truth sweet? (ps: you dont like it )

• Maybe he's trying to make sure you aren't moving on.

• Because he is a dick.

• He needs some money.

What Girls Said 11

• it might vary based on his age, morals, and personality,
    but he's either
    1) taking you (or keeping you) for advantage bc he knows you want him back and can easily manipulate you (as in he can fake it if he wanted something from you)
    2) he may have broken up with you for a reason other than him losing interest in you/stopped liking you. something external and its hard refraining from someone who he's attracted to/care for esp when you guys were in a relationship before.

but regardless of the reason, pay yourself respect and dignity and leave him completely. put up a iron wall against him and never think of him as a potential, he broke up with you and it doesn't matter what the reason was.

• Don't bother with him anymore, if he found a new girl he'd immediately treat you like you're nothing. He's just doing that until he found a new person...

• oh this one is super easy to answer! He is still contacting you cause he knows you want to work it out so giving u the satisfaction of him reaching out to you keeps you from talking to other guys. keeping you at bay, but as an option in case his fun single life with other hoes dont work out. he is keeping you as a fall back! do u tell him u can't move on or do u tell him u are seeing others already?

• He just wants sex is testing you. Do you want to go back to someone who threw you away? Come on girl. He's an asshole. He's not even sure of his own feelings. Block his number & find someone who genuinely loves you.

• I think he still likes you and doesn't want you to date other guys or get over him but he wants to be able to see other girls so basically he's just stringing you along cause he doesn't want to see you with someone else. I'd say ignore him and try to get over him-he sounds like a fuck boy

• He wants pussy, he misses yours and he hasn't found another yet.

• He's playing with your feelings. I'd stop all contact.

• He's legit just playing you because he knows that you are probably still into him. And you're Vulnerable.

• He's just used to you

• Ugh my ex did this too... annoying. What everyone is saying is true here. Ignore his calls/texts. Ghost him. Go out with your friends & have fun. Take up a new hobby that you love & keep him off your mind as much as you can. Take good care of yourself. Don't let him use you like that, show him you're worth more than that! Boy bye :)

• this is not a sign of wanting you back at all. yhe chances pf guys coming back after they are the ones who broke up with you are that he himself after the breakup is hurt that he likely won't even contact you for a month or months. that's when you know that maybee he'll cone back because him not talking means he's also pretty devastated. but this guy seems to want to keep you around just in case. block him out of your life. thats what you should do.