My ex cheated on me then I did this? I feel bad?

he cheated on me and lied about it for a month and then he told me and dumped me, then he invited to his graduation party and i showed up and got drunk and started crying then crossed his face off in a picture and i feel really bad about it, but i apologized and he said it was okay and his family forgave me too. how do i get past the guilt?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc.

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such. an incompatible person will still be incompatible. An abuser only gets worse. Promises "to change" are always lies.

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them? I see people who whine about an ex spreading rumors or posting negative things on social media. Who cares? Their opinion should not matter at all. They are an EX... the past. No longer involved with you.

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

"But I still love hm/her" So? That doesn't mean THEY love you back. There was a reason the relationship ended.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more. Everyone goes through MANY breakups in their lives. This EX is just on in a long line of future exes. That is life.

Be well and be realistic.

Most Helpful Girl

• He cheated on you, dumped you, and invited you to a graduation party and you went? Really? Why exactly? So you could let him hurt yourself further?

What Guys Said 5

• I call that a win, fuck cheaters... yes I've been cheated on.

• Accept the fact that because he cheated you had justification. Stop feeling bad and move on.

• hold on. You are the wronged party here, you were not treated with due respect. You owe him nothing, least of all guilt.

• not worry truth comes out

• forgive youself. you should have attacked his actual face.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!