How do I get over him?

My ex was a huge ass. Cheated on me, put his hands on me, was barely affectionate and never wanted to talk about our issues. When I'd try, he'd tell me I'm full of drama and it's not a big deal. So finally, I sat down and tried to talk to him about how the way he talks to me bothers me sometimes, and he told me he doesn't want to talk because it's nonsense. I got mad and went off. I yelled at him and called him names. I'm usually not that way. So next day he breaks up with me because I'm too much. I wasn't really sad or hurt, just pissed. At myself mostly, because why did I put up with him for 3 years? I hate him so much. I want to slash his tires and break his Xbox. I just want to hurt him for what I went through as his girlfriend, and how he breaks up with me the moment I go off on him.

How the hell do i do I calm down and not go psycho on him? It's like all I want is revenge. Like sleep with his friend or something bitchy like that. I have never felt so angry at someone before. I just want to erase him from my brain and move on. I don't want to carry this anger.

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Revenge won't give you anything, dude seems like a dick, just be happy you are not with him anymore, be happy because you will find someone better. Be smart, start fixing the damage he did to you, and don't carry any feeling that feels like poison to you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Xbox! That says it all. Go find a guy that is less immature. One that cares enough to have a rational discussion when things are not quite right. One that WANTS to find a solution to that little issue you have.

Find another guy, and you will soon forget this one!

What Guys Said 4

• focus on the things you can do now that you are no longer bound in his devilry. when you are happy, it will be easier to let go of the past

• don't go crazy on him... he seems to be a dick... don't let him make u the crazy ex that burned his apartment slashed his tires and all that shit... then get with a guy that's not abusive but enjoys your tendency to explode

• Date a black guy.
    Seriously it's not worth your time to get hit just turn off the phone for a week

• Get a prescription for propranolol. It's a beta blocker that'll help you chill out. It's great.

What Girls Said 1

• You sound like you dated my ex minus the XBox since he has a PS4. He did everything your boyfriend did except put his hands on me (because he knew if he did that he'd be in a big world of painful trouble).

I just blocked his number. He kept having dating profiles and accusing me of giving him STDs that I didn't have (yes, I was tested) and he cheated once. So I saw another dating profile last Tuesday and snapped. I confronted him about it and he laughed at me. So I just hung up on him after sayin 'Fuck you', and blocked him on all fronts. Then I cried for three days out of anger. Now I'm just focusing on myself. It's hard, but the best revenge you can get on an ex is to move on and improve yourself. That's why I'm putting in serious effort to finding a better job, getting back to writing my novel, and getting into the gym.

• Thank you for the reply. Sorry that happened to you. I guess we both share the same pain. Hopefully we come out as stronger women