My girlfriend and I mutually broke up and I feel so much worse than I thought?

I've been having my doubts for a while, I started realizing we didn't have much in common, both with interests and values. Last night we had a pretty frank conversation about our future and I said I just don't feel like I'm the right guy for you. I was afraid that if we continued, that we would end up hating each other and frustrated that we wouldn't change our values. She agreed, and we both slowly began to realize it was ending.

My relationships have always ended with some sort of betrayal, I expected a mutual break up to be way easier. But it was far worse... because even after we said our goodbyes, we still loved each other. She even said she wished that I had done something to make her hate me, but she couldn't... and I felt the same way. But I didn't want to a continue a relationship that could have led to frustration and potentially hate.

I keep second guessing myself, thinking we could work it out. But I had found myself starting to get more and more frustrated towards the end, and I really didn't want us to hate each other and end it bitter.

I just don't know what to do... because I know it was for the best, I know that our differences would destroy it once we got really serious. But neither of us expected to end it last night. The thing that gets me the most is she is worried she'll never find someone like me again. I am positive she will, I truly am. But that was more heartbreaking than I expected, it felt like I was abandoning someone... I just need some advice on how to handle this, because I thought I was prepared but I was not at all...
2
2