Why did my ex text me in the middle of the the night a year after we broke up to complain about his new girlfriend?

So this was 5 years ago, but I was thinking about it last night for some reason. When I was in the 9th grade I dated this guy. It was my first relationship so obviously I was in love with him. First kiss, first love. Anyway, a week or so before we started high school (we went to a different schools) he broke up with me through text. Obviously that broke my heart. But 4 months later, he texted me in the middle of the night asking if we could talk. I couldn't sleep so I said sure. So he starts spouting off about his new girlfriend and how she's so clingy and doesn't let him do anything and gets mad if he doesn't answer her texts right away then says I'm the best girlfriend he's ever had. So it's like okay buddy you came crying to your ex about your new gf? That's cute. We kept talking for about a month, then he just started ignoring me, and now apparently he has a new girlfriend every month according to my friend that went to school with him. Is there any reason why he'd do that, especially after we'd said some horrible things to each other when he dumped me?

14

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably using that to get back to you

What Guys Said 3

• Yes dumping you via text.. I'd tell him to go ask someone that gives a hoot and waste no time on him

• maybe everyone else got sick of him talking about it

• I'm sure he just wanted to have somebody to talk to about his girlfriend which he obviously didn't or never did love. Since he obviously talked to you about love and stuff, it probably was more easy to talk to you about the new girlfriend.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!