Can I move my case to a different county?

my car was damage back on 09 and its been 8months. nothing has been done about it. the prosecutor never returns my phone calls. I live in a different county. can I move my case to where I live at?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• If you have lots of money and connections you can get the matter transfered to where you like. Most people don't have a day because the court must have jurisdiction do deal with the matter usually the county it happened in...

What Guys Said 2

• it depends on the state you live in, but more than likely you cannot get move your case unless you get permission from the court in the county where the indecent occurred

• Nope!

The county where it happened will bare the cost, wrote the report & that is where the report (or ticket) was filed .

Another county will not bare the costs or book up their court docket.

It would be unfair for the witness (if any) & the police officer (if one is involved) for them to have to travel to your county for your convince.

What Girls Said 1

• probably not. talk to your lawyer about it