Should I text him?

so I started talking to a guy back in July 2015 we met on an online dating app, we lasted a year (long distance - California/ Ohio). Towards the end I could feel us drifting apart. I asked him one night if it was over between us and he said he didn't know. I wasn't sure what to think at that moment so I just broke things off because I thought it was for the best. Regardless of whether we were a couple or not he was a friend first and always someone I could talk to, and I regret letting him go the way I did because I never got a response to the last message I sent him. I don't know if I should take that as he's been trying to get rid of me or something else. My point is that I think of him as what seems like every day just knowing that I loved him and never told him, I regret that. Sometimes I cry, but obviously because I cared for him. Here I am a year later just thinking of how he's doing? Will he message back if I checked up on him? And most importantly would he remember me? I've been thinking about this for awhile and wondering if I should do it or not. So I need some advice what do you think I should do, should I text him after a year of no contact?
Should I text him?
Add Opinion