Why is my ex boyfriend ignoring me after we've been texting for over a week after no contact ended?

My boyfriend and I had been together for 2 years but we broke up because he wasn't happy anymore. He wanted to remain friends but when I found out he was dating someone new within a week of our breakup I stopped talking to him for about a month and a half. I got back in contact with him and everything was going really well, but on Friday night I went out drinking with friends. He told me he had missed talking to me, and I said "same" with a kiss emoji but i apologised saying "I know you have a girlfriend, just let me know if I cross any lines, you know what I'm like when I've been drinking" and he said "that's fine" which was followed by 5 kiss emojis. Then he told me I looked really good in some pics I posted, and before I knew it he was flirting and sexting me. The next night I went out and he started sexting me again! tbh I didn't feel guilty about it because I blame his new girlfriend for our breakup, but I still felt like this wasn't helping me get him back. Afterwards we didn't talk much. On Sunday I messaged him and he viewed it, but never replied. It's been 3 days and he's online all the time. I refuse to message him again because I hate rejection, but I'm so confused because we went from talking everyday to silence. I don't know if he feels guilty, or still has feelings for me.. he left me for some other girl who he thought was perfect and not even 2 months later he was back in my messages saying he missed me and reminding me of the times we had together even though he's still with her. I'm getting so many mixed signals from him! Should I just not contact him and see if he messages first?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• If he's still with his new girlfriend, i would try to keep away as you don't want to mess things up with them. Should she find out you have been in contact, then am afraid things are going to get messy.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he started dating this new girl A WEEK after you guys broke up, he was most likely talking to her before you guys broke up. Sounds like he's talking to you & sexting because either you were available to do so, and sometimes people act on opportunity instead of feelings.

He may be ignoring you now because he regrets doing that to the new chick behind her back.

Either way, like the other posters said.. Just cut off all contact & block him.. You'll get over him faster & you won't get any drama from his new chick if she finds out about the flirty texts between you guys.

• I totally agree, I only got in contact with him because I thought we could be friends. He's long distance with this new girl, they haven't even met irl. I know for a fact they were already friends while we were dating but I didn't find her a threat. I should've known better but for those few hours my feelings for him were clouding my judgment. I honestly couldn't care less about this new girl, if a fight between us started that would be the least of my problems. If she finds out (which I doubt she will) then that's his problem because he was the one who instigated it. I wasn't too available for him, I just think he was taking advantage of me while I was drunk. I'll just leave things the way they are and if he contacts me first I guess I'll just see what happens in terms of being friends from there. Thanks for the advice :)

• It makes more sense now, he's just a jerk that cheats because he thinks he'll get away with it! Who knows how many other girls he's flirting with online & he's already cheating on the new one with you. He's her problem now lol

What Guys Said 3

What Girls Said 3

• he's ignoring you because 1) he's your ex and 2) he's seeing someone.

leave them alone and get over it.

• Move on, please.

• This relationship/friendship that you have with your ex sounds very unhealthy and toxic. Stay away from him and move on. Why would you want to remain talking to somebody who left you for another girl?