Why is my ex boyfriend ignoring me after we've been texting for over a week after no contact ended?

My boyfriend and I had been together for 2 years but we broke up because he wasn't happy anymore. He wanted to remain friends but when I found out he was dating someone new within a week of our breakup I stopped talking to him for about a month and a half. I got back in contact with him and everything was going really well, but on Friday night I went out drinking with friends. He told me he had missed talking to me, and I said "same" with a kiss emoji but i apologised saying "I know you have a girlfriend, just let me know if I cross any lines, you know what I'm like when I've been drinking" and he said "that's fine" which was followed by 5 kiss emojis. Then he told me I looked really good in some pics I posted, and before I knew it he was flirting and sexting me. The next night I went out and he started sexting me again! tbh I didn't feel guilty about it because I blame his new girlfriend for our breakup, but I still felt like this wasn't helping me get him back. Afterwards we didn't talk much. On Sunday I messaged him and he viewed it, but never replied. It's been 3 days and he's online all the time. I refuse to message him again because I hate rejection, but I'm so confused because we went from talking everyday to silence. I don't know if he feels guilty, or still has feelings for me.. he left me for some other girl who he thought was perfect and not even 2 months later he was back in my messages saying he missed me and reminding me of the times we had together even though he's still with her. I'm getting so many mixed signals from him! Should I just not contact him and see if he messages first?
4
4