Got my partner arrested... please help?

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years. Two days ago he physically attacked me (it's not the first time it happened)
after he left our house I phoned the police to ask them for advice and I left to go for a walk. By the time I got back, they had broken down the door of the house to look for me or him, and they took me to the station to ask me what was going on. I refused to write a statement told the police what was going on etc.
he is staying in his friends house ATM, and the police have said they want to arrest him even though I don't want them to.
last night at 3am the police came to my home to look for him and ask me questions.
tgere is now a warrent out for him and he may loose his visa and job. I feel like I have ruined his life
+1 y
I spoke to the police officer now and they want him to call them.
I just wanted a clean break away from him and didn't want this to happen to him... I really didn't.
Got my partner arrested... please help?
15
7