Your ex said 'They'll always love you'.. Share your experience?

Hi all.. Please share your experiences on the subject:

Here's mine: 3.5 years as my best friend, 3 years as a couple. We weren't compatible but we loved each other so was a constant battle.

He broke up with me for a 'break', lied to me, left me on a hook and said 'it's not the end of us, I need space blah blah blah'. I wanted answers, He gave none.. just left me on a hook. Asked me to wait for him then I found out he was sleeping with someone & dating another. Confronted him and he treated me like crap, I told him I don't want him back. The last thing he ever said to me was 'Just know i Will always love you'. I told him it wasn't relevant anymore.

weeks later he was in a relationship. Blocked me on Facebook making out I was some kind of psycho. They are still together and this was 4 months ago & she's 'simple' & dull too.. (This is a fact because my friend slept with her last year.. I know small world) 😋

My point is this: I know he's a coward & couldn't handle me as a girlfriend (I'm very spirited & unpredictable. he's simple & frankly quite insecure & dull).
Was the 'I'll always love you' to make him feel better? Was it so that he could pop back in If it didn't work out with her? or simply.. He couldn't handle me anymore so opted for a simpler, no drama/dull girl but can really still love me?

I don't understand why you would say that to someone when it's ended. Is it a power thing? To make himself feel better? Or what?

I don't want him back.. My match is out there somewhere and I'm ready to find him so im moving on.

But I just don't get why he would say that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes there is an element of truth, spend enough time for them and even if things turn sour you still care for them.
    Then again other times its a selfish thing to say to confuse someone as well as try and leave future options open or like a plan B thing, which is a dick move but it happens.

• I thought both to be honest.
      Thanks for the input 😊

• Np dude, hope it heals quick and you find your Mr right

Most Helpful Girl

• I think what you're saying is totally right because I went through the same thing the only differences 1) he didn't tell me he'll always love me he just said he doesn't know what the future holds but right now he doesn't want thisand he seemed very pissed at me and blocked me 2) there's no other girl I. this case, he goes around saying to his friends and family that he'll always stay single and die single.
    other then these, exactly my situation. we were also best friends since 13 uears old and we started dating when we were sixteen and a half. he broke up with me once before too but it was pretty much my fault so I made everything right. bit this time he broke up with me die to his depression and his insecurities and immaturity because things got a little rough between us and he broke up with me. I think, no by my situation I'm sure he said this bevause he wants to keep this door open for himself because he knows that he'll want to come back and so they keep this door open for them by saying stuff like ill always live you and that I don't know what the future but right now he doesn't want this. that's what I'm pretty sure of.

• Yep. think your right girl. It's a cowards way I think also... Even when I knew the truth, he still wouldn't admit it. He's not my problem anymore and we both deserve a man.. not a cowardly little boy x

• you're right. that's exactly what I'm doing. trying to move on as hard as I can because we aren't punching bags ao they can take it all out on us

What Guys Said 3

• she just ditched me for another guy in her college... she proposed me in school but when
    school over. I could see sudden change in her behaviour talk sence. when I was busy with my friends funeral. I stopped talking to her for 2-3 days but then after that suddenly she broke up wid me with no proper reason... she blocked me every where... becoz of her new bar/bf but after 3 months she started talking to me and wanted me to get back to her. but I was scared to get back to her coz that was a trauma for me... coz of sudden death of my friend and very next day she broke up wid me...

• Lol, they're an ex for a reason

• Probably cause he never broke up with you because he disliked you, so it was probably to try and end things on a better note. maybe

What Girls Said 0