How To Get Over A Break Up?

So long Story Short, I was dating a guy for a year and three months he lived 600 miles away, every thing was perfect for twelve months then the last three months things started falling apart, we broke up Saturday June 3rd 2017. Although were still friends and still talk to each other, Im still very hurt and I still love him the same way. I've been writing music about the break up and that seems to help me get my feelings out but then one minute later I'm read our old conversations, It's come to the point were I'm checking my messages all the time to see if he sent me one of those sweet texts that he used to send me daily and it makes me feel worse when I remember that were not together anymore. He didn't break up with me and I didn't break up with him, but we both agreed that the distance was killing our relationship and decided to end it. How Do I Get Over Him And The Break Up?

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc.

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such. an incompatible person will still be incompatible. An abuser only gets worse. Promises "to change" are always lies.

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them? I see people who whine about an ex spreading rumors or posting negative things on social media. Who cares? Their opinion should not matter at all. They are an EX... the past. No longer involved with you.

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

"But I still love hm/her" So? That doesn't mean THEY love you back. There was a reason the relationship ended.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more. Everyone goes through MANY breakups in their lives. This EX is just on in a long line of future exes. That is life.

Be well and be realistic.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him that talking to him or waiting for him to talk to you is making it harder for you to move on from this. Ask him to support you in this. If he’s a true friend, he’ll understand. Don’t speak to him for at least two months. Don’t view these two months as a temporary fix and think that everything will go back to normal afterward. You two broke up, and, as awful as that is, it is over. You deserve a relationship that will last and can overcome everything—even six hundred miles.

Forgive me if I sound harsh, but I nearly destroyed myself by clinging to memories. I don’t want that to happen to you. Be strong. Don’t speak to him. Don’t check his Facebook. Delete all pictures and messages. Just let it all go and rebuild. Take care of your body and your mind. Spend time with your friends and family. Build yourself up again. You are so worth it!

• Thank you for the advice, this sounds so helpful.

• I will Im going to focus on school, my health, my music and things that I enjoy this really helped a lot.

• Awesome!

What Guys Said 1

• first things first if he always knew about distance problem that , then why he started this CNT he think about that time?

What Girls Said 2

• forget it girl. don't think about him. he is the past. everything is over. delete his traces. move on.

• first, stop being friends with him. just for the time that you're in the process of moving on. by keeping in touch you're making it 50% more harder. you dont realize this yet maybe, but you could use some space too. delete all the chats and pictures that remind you of him. without doing these things and a few others, moving on can't be possible