How can I get my ex-girlfriend to trust me?

My ex and I has been broken up for about a year and a half. She broke up with me because she wanted some space. Now she wants to go back out with me and the only thing that is keeping her from becoming my girlfriend again is her fear of getting her hart broke (this fear developed when the last three boyfriends she had cheated on her).

54

Most Helpful Girl

• Trust is a very tough thing gain, but in my opinion, its almost selfish of her to place that burden on you. I say this because you never gave her a reason not to trust you. She dumped you, and then dated guys that cheated on her. I can understand her being cautious, but in my opinion, she's the one who should be trying to get YOU to trust HER. How do you know she's not just going to dump you because of space issues again? If you really want her back, continue to be yourself, but don't stress yourself out trying to make up for other guys' mistakes.

What Girls Said 4

• Personally, I think you should suggest that she work on her trust issues alone. And when she feels better about herself and trusts herself enough to trust you, she should come back and see you. Its not fair to either of you to be in a relationship where trust issues have developed so early in the game.

• i think that your ex is afraid that if she goes out with you again you will do the same thing her other boyfriends did. if you really like this girl I think you should have her get to know you more and take things slow until she rebuilds her trust in the relationship. you might even have to start out by being just friends but if you really like her it will be worth it in the long run. hope I could help!

• just don't DONT go out with her you should have broken up with her. get over your obsession with this chick before some1 dies!

• just be very open with her about everything (phone/friends/f.b account) and the trust will grow when she realises you not like the others.

What Guys Said 4

• jesus you sound like me right now...except for the fact that my ex wasn't cheated on...

trust is a VERY VERY hard thing to earn back and I've been tryin for 6-7 months right now...you need to take this process SLOWLY...it was the turtle who won the race NOT the rabbit...

start hanging out again, no don't take her on dates all the time, but be there for her when she needs you, ask her to hang out and watch a movie or to relax or to do something fun...you need to start this process of her trusting you again by hanging out, not all the time either, you want her to even feel like she can't trust you at some point and then proove to her you can...by her thinking "i can't trust him while he's doing this" and then havnig you prove to her somehow that she can will make her be like hm maybe he has changed, maybe I am over reacting at the moment, maybe I can trust him again...

youre going to run into some arguments along the way most lilkely...remember this is on you, you should NEVER yell back at her, NEVER raise your voice, and do not get annoyed with her. you have to understand this will take time and you are going to go thru a lot to gain her trust back...yelling or trying to show that you're right (even when you are and she's wrong) it will jsut back fire on you...

just take things slowly, make her laugh again, make her feel special, be yourself, have fun, let her understand she can trust you again, hope this helps...good lucK!

• Hello,

Ok I'm going to go against the grain in this situation and ask this question

Why are you wanting to get back with her.. she told you before that she wanted space, now all a sudden she wants you back and she's having "trust" problems.. this girl sounds insane..

whats happened is she lost interest in you when she broke up with you and hasn't been able to find anyone else since (and yes she has been trying) so now she's running back to you becouse she knows you will accept her.. its not a trust issue she has its that she isn't interested in a relationship with you.. your there just becouse she wants somone to build her self esteam..

if your not in a relationship woth her then I would date other people but not tell her... Once youve met a better girl let this one go, if she doesn't like it then its her problem for using you and expecting you to wait for her.. she isn't a little princess and you shouldnt treat her like one.

DONT kid yourself.. you will be happier with another women who doesn't bring guilt and emotional problems with her.. the sooner you make this happen the better life will be

Good Luck

-Chris

• Trust , how can you be with her if she doesn't trust you? You need to whoo her , if there is another girl lingering in your background then get rid of her and if you can do it in front of her ...bye flowers and treat her with extra care... reasure her everyday that you are there for her , you going to have to go the extra mile , write her cute little letters , treat all other woman like "guys" and I can carry on ... or you can take the easier way of finding someone new that wil trust you. don't let her pain agonise YOU.

• tell her " if you don't trust me, we can't date." And see how long it takes for her to ask you out. she will ask if she wants you. but I think you need to get over her , I think she's still just dragging you along, you guys have been in close touch the whole time you were broken up right? maybe I'm wrong..but run.