I broke up with my boyfriend even though I'm still madly in love with him because he's behaviour forced me to :/ I'm devastated I need help?

Ok im 17 so was my boyfriend. He was my first love. We were best friends for years and went out for 9 months. Anyways his parents are extreme religious with their views. His parents say they love god more than their kids or real human beings and that they are willing to give up any human for god. His mom stays home and raises kids while his dad works.. it's so extreme. Anyways they always tried to force the religion on him while we were going out and he always had fights with them over it and they would lock him out of the house and he told me that he hated the way they are and that he would never be like that but five days ago he turned crazy religious himself. He told me he loves god over me and he would die before picking me over his god and we can't be together if I don't believe in his god and I must love god over him and my parents and everyone. I don't know what happened to him but when he was talking he sounded like some prophet using the works salvation and that the only way to go to eternity is by loving god more than everyone and living by his rules of life ( woman staying at home raining kids while dad works, no drinking, no sex until marriage and no sex without contraception etc) I left him hoping maybe if I lwave he will change and be the way he was before? when I broke up yesterday he texted loads of people to tell me he hates me and texted me saying he hates me and never wants me to see me again and he came to my house and smashed all the gifts I got him against my door and put up on his instagram status " fell in love with a Fake " . I hope that leaving him might wake him up or will he always be like this now forever? He blocked me on everything and hates me now :/ I love him still, and he still loves me cos he texted one of my friends saying " the girl I love left me cos I love god more than her and that he is dying in pain " wtf? Why is he picking religion over me :( :( :( we were such a normal loving couple I'm so hurt
7
2