If I have a traditional wedding without signing a contract to the government?

will the divorce be treated like a real marriage or just a bf/gf realationship and with kids.


Recommended Questions


Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 2

  • Next time tell us where you live, because the law differs hugely between countries and provinces/states.

    Now, your profile says you live in Australia. Australia does not have so-called "common law marriage", so if you never made your marriage official with the state then the state or a court will always view it as a boyfriend and girlfriend situation, so there is no such thing as a divorce.

    • california usa

    • Show All
    • I don't know what California law says about that. Maybe they have an income/wealth cap for child support, maybe they don't.

  • If the marriage is never made official, the only thing you'll have to pay for is child support.


Recommended myTakes