Am I wrong for being pissed?

This guy that I was seeing led me to believe that we had a chance. I had been working up the nerve to tell him how I felt about him for a while (we were friends for quite a few years). I finally did and he told me that he felt the same way. He wouldn't make it official and then I find out he's back with his ex. This ex cheated on him, accused him of cheating, told him to dump his female friends, dumped him several times and kept taking him back. The last time they broke up she dumped him for a guy who ended up doing the same crap to her that she did to him. Now she's older, wants to jump back in his arms and he takes her back. They've been together for six months and now they're living together, taking lavish vacations, planning to get married next spring and planning to honeymoon in Hawaii (where he knew I always wanted to go). He told me all of this and showed me the engagement ring he bought her.

I know he wanted children and marriage (so do I). She never wanted any of that. I was good to him. I just don't understand why he dragged he dragged his feet with me but he's rushing to marry her. Part of me really wants to be happy that he's finally getting what he wants with her, but the other part is very hurt and angry with him. And the best part is that he thinks I'm wrong for being angry and still expects me to remain friends with him. Am I wrong? Is it me or does it sound like he thinks he did nothing wrong because he won't even acknowledge his part in it or say he's sorry.

Most Helpful Girl

• You have every right to be upset with him. He lied to you and gave you false hope. But all you can do now is either keep him in your life or kick him to the curb. It seems like he was using you as a rebound relationship, and just waiting for her to take him back whenever she felt necessary. Both of them are highly messed up for that. But mainly him for doing what he did to you. You deserve much better and I promise, if you move on, you'll be so much better off. That guy doesn't deserve you and he proved it from what you explained.

• I told him it's best if we end it. He said he was disappointed because he liked having me as a friend, but I told him he wasn't a very good friend to me and that I no longer wanted him in my life. That's why he got angry and then told me that I was a lousy friend for not being happy for him. He won't admit to his part so I'm done with him, but thank you and I agree I deserve better. It just hurts because I really liked him and I've liked him for a while.

• I'm sorry he did that to you. And he's disappointed? Sounds like he's a child and needs some growing up to do. I would just ignore him and starting doing things for yourself. Pick up a new hobby or distract yourself. If you keep doing that then you'll get over him and you'll forget why you liked him in the first place. I've dealt with a similar situation. I wish you luck.

What Guys Said 3

• most men are immature and don't know what they want, you have every right to be angry. just take patience on finding a better one, lately it's a ocean of shit men and woman :)

• he's a dick

• There are a few out there in the sea though. Looking and waiting.

What Girls Said 3

• Oh gosh! This is like one of those "jerk guy" movies where everything that could possibly go wrong goes wrong! I feel so sorry for you, girl! 😩😭😭 You have every right to be angry at him!

• No, you have a right to be pissed at that jackass

• He seems like an ass