How do I tell my girlfriend that she's no longer good enough for me?

Back when we got together, I settled for her, in spite of the fact that she's only just borderline attractive in my eyes, 6/10 at best, and completely lacking in sex appeal, because I was desperate and lacked self esteem, and felt that she was the best I could get with what I had to offer. But since then, I've gotten jacked up, I've gotten a promotion, I've gotten a new car and managed to purchase a house instead of renting a small apartment like I was doing back then. And now, there are dozens of women, at work and everywhere else I go, who've manifested interest in me, all of whom are miles hotter, sexier, nicer, kinder, cuter and more gentle than my girlfriend ever was- my girlfriend, who still makes out that I "should be eternally grateful" that she decided to be with me, who's been pressuring me to marry her ever since I got my promotion, and keeps telling me that "I'm the only girl who'll ever care about you, no-one else except me could ever love you". I deserve more, and I deserve better. How do I tell her?

84

Most Helpful Girl

• haha you think you can trick me, a few days ago i saw the same post but with the opposite sex
    is this some social experiment?

• Curses, foiled again! Do you have Quora too?

• I have 9gag, somebody there post a screenshot of this :D

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, when you were just describing her looks, I was going to advise you to stay with her because she stayed with you when you had less and you may have less again one day.
    But when you started recounting what she says to you, it turned my head around. Where does she get off predicting that no other woman could ever love you and what is she basing this on? If she were saying that to me, I would not have waited for a new job or living quarters to leave.
    As for how to say it, Paul Simon claims there are 50 ways. Explain your reasoning and move on. But make sure she understands it is her arrogant and self-serving behavior that made up your mind, not looks.
    ~JSmith

What Girls Said 7

• Just tell her how you feel and if you want to leave, then leave her.

Life's too short and she hasn't got a gun to your head.

• leave her, not because you can 'do better' but because you clearly don't and never have loved her

• Tell her that want to break up, if she asks why which she will, and she deserves the truth. Be honest. There's no point in sugar coating this.

• No need to get into great detail, just do her a favor and end it

• Dude, do HER the favor and break up with her. Karma is going to bite you in the ass.

• move her stuff the street and tell her to kick rocks

• ok when I was reading the first few lines of your question I was thinking to myself that he's such a shallow man thinking about looks and all and I was going to bash you for that but after reading the full question, just tell her you are breaking up with her because first, you had to just settle for her that means you never really loved her or even cared for her and she could feel that so she was maybe trying to get you believing that only she is the one who loves you and no one will ever lo e you except of her. she doesn't love you either becaise the things you just said doesn't represent a loving relationship at all. its not even one sided love.

What Guys Said 3

• Sounds like you need an upgrade to suit your new lifestyle.
    Similar to humans, all software has a ‘lifecycle’. It gets developed, released, updated and eventually abandoned — usually after a new and better version been released. (applies to romantic partners)

By using software that’s been dropped by its developer, with no further updates or bug fixes in prospect, you face an uncertain future if something goes wrong with it. You're also vulnerable to attacks and at risk of being exploited.

Speaking of Updates:
    See what's new and improved in the April 2017 feature update, Version 1705 of Microsoft Office (Build 8229.2017).

• I don't know about her not being good enough for you, she could certainly do better than you. You shallow, miserable, excuse for a human. How you have the nerve to writ a post like this is beyond me. I would suggest to any woman who came in contact with you, to avoid any personal involvement at all, for who knows when you'll decide you can do even better.

• Did you read the whole thing?

• And we're supposed to guess that? Some people on here ask genuine questions, wanting genuine answers, so I hope you forgive me giving my honest opinion, even if it is to a time waster.

• Then why bother asking it on anon? Or even bother asking it at all?

• literally just say it's not gonna work out an you're not feeling it anymore. Nothing to gain from damaging her self esteem. No one should have to feel like they were 'settled for'