How to stop loving someone?

I love a guy that doesn't like me and never will date me. NC for 5 weeks and I still miss him.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• give yourself some more time. when you like someone a lot again you won't miss him anymore

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a firm believer that if it's true love, then it will never go away. It's going to be hard for sure and you might not fully get over him to be honest but there's a lot of things that you can do to help yourself forget about him.
    First, delete him from all your social media. I know it's tempting to see what he's up to but if you allow yourself to keep checking in on him, he's going to stay in your thoughts. "Out of sight out of mind"
    Second, meet new people. They don't need to be potential love interests either. Friends are some of the best people to turn to during a heartbreak.
    Third, work on you. Join a gym, a club, .. find a new hobby. The most important thing is to focus on yourself. Make yourself the best version of yourself that you can be.
    These are a couple of things that helped me through a heartbreak. It will take time, it will hurt, but in the end it will be worth it. Good luck hun :)

What Guys Said 2

• Give it time, those things take time. Let yourself get to know other people, try to get used to the fact that you won't have him and with the time you'll get over him. I've experienced it at least twice in my life, so believe me when I say that time is the only thing that can heal this.

• Why torture yourself? What do you and your friends like to do, like a ladies day out? When you stop thinking about him, see how much fun you're having. I was hurt bad after my initial seperation, but only a couple of days. I was told she was seeing a "friend"? of mine and... Absolutely the best thing to help me get over mine but you don't need that shit to happen. Go out and have fun!

What Girls Said 1

• You have too much free time on your hands to be crying over a guy. Find a hobby or expand your interest. Find something that has NOTHING to do with him. I started playing the guitar to get over a guy that I had no chance with.