I want to break up with my boyfriend but he won't let me, what do I do?

Look I really care about him, I love him but being in a relationship with him is not worth this pain and it hurts. Plus he doesn't want to see me that much, he doesn't even try. he doesn't try talking to me and when I call him he says he's busy. And I'm starting to have feelings for someone else and every time I try to end it he says, I've been using him but that's not the case and I don't know how to convince him that I really do care about him but it hurts too much to be in a relationship

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Thats not really not letting you. Seems like your too unsure about your decision and don't really want to move on with your life. If you wanted to end it you would just tell him it's over and not listen to his bs or just accept it as it is and move on. Shouldn't be so easily manipulated in a bad relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't need to convince him of anything, if you don't want to be with him you tell him that and the relationship is over. If he wants to think badly of you then that's his business

What Guys Said 5

• Won't let you? Just tell him it's over you're out. If he threatens suicide then tell him to stop talking about it and get after it. You are never responsible for another's actions

• just call it quits and cut all contact I'm sure he'll get it eventually

• Breakups are not a democracy. It only takes one vote to end a relationship. Do it.

• Is he like eight feet tall with immense mental abilities to pursuede and bend you to his will? lmao

• You break up with him.. period... there is no "he won't let me" you just do it.

What Girls Said 1

• Tell your parents. As soon as one person wants to break up in a healthy relationship, it should be over. This is not healthy.

You need to tell your parents so they can help you extricate yourself from him. Maybe they'll get his parents involved too, especially if he's being a dick.

Good luck.

Remember that even if they get mad, they love you and want you to be safe. The short term might suck but it will be better in the long run to tell them.