How to move on and forget somebody you loved?

There is one girl I fell in love with when I was 16. I am 24, and a part of me still loves her. Its even harder for me to move on because women don't want me AT ALL. Absolutely no girl ever before or after her was interested in me even 1%. So the fact she is the only one on this planet who actually wanted me at one point, makes it even harder for me to move on. I know people usually forget somebody they loved by finding somebody new. But this is impossible for me, I have been trying like 3 years before and 7 after her, and the only thing I learned is that Im gonna die alone and a virgin. Are there any other ways to forget a person?

62

Most Helpful Girl

• one part is acceptance and knowing you loved them the second is knowing that you will get over them just like other things that have happened in the past one thing i did was write down how i felt and the cons of it. you need to be more positive, you will not die alone and i think why it hasn't happened is because you are soooo eager and impatient the person who will be right for you will come into your life when you least expect them to and they will be worth the wait. also stop thinking about her so much i know its hard but the more you think about them the worse it makes it so try keep yourself busy even with hobbies and stop this negative aspect of you will not find anyone.

• I can't find anyone either way. 10 years and like a thousand girls. Promiscuous girls. And not ONE wanted to be with me

Most Helpful Guy

• I know how you feel, I had an awfully rough time after my first breakup, which actually lead to be found with a knife to my wrist in the bathroom at school. Anyway, with that being said, I just turned to new music (stuff I hadn't ever listened to), and tried my damned hardest to just not think about her. Another thing that worked for me, was spending more time with your male friends, especially if you can make a new one. Go camping, go to the gym, hell, go throw rocks at cars driving by for pete's sake! The saying is true, when one door closes, another one opens. Your girl is out there somewhere, trust me, you just haven't met her, you can't really die alone and a virgin unless you absolutely try. Probably didn't help but I figured I would pitch in my two cents for the hell of it. Hope anyone reading this can take something from it.

• I tried hanging out with both my male and female friends, I go to the gym on a regular basis anyway, I tried many new hobbies and activities. It did make life easier to deal with, but it couldn't help me get rid of the feelings for her. And no, "my girl" doesn't exist. As I said, a total of about 10 years of trying. And absolutely no results whatsoever

• Dude, everybody my age has been having relationships for over 10 years.

• Whatever. Have a nice day.

What Girls Said 5

• I wish I could help. But i'm kind of in the same situation. I still love a guy who never loved me and kind of hates me now. I've tried everything too, its been almost impossible to get over him and I have to still see him! makes it harder. Just hang in there. and try to date others. keep yourself occupied doing things with friends or family. that's what I do. I still have thoughts of him, but that love might always be in your heart.

• I have been trying, but nobody else wants me

• It's not that easy! It takes time

I took me over a year to get over an ex who did me so wrong and til this day I still wonder how he is and think on how we used to be and we've been broken up since 3 years ago

• Yeah but for me its been 8 years

• Wow, a guy I like is 24 and he said that he fell in love with a girl when he was 16. He brought it out of the blue and he still can't get over her. He said that she broke up with him because he didn't know how to express his feelings towards her and it was just time wasting, before some months he said that if he could be with her again he would treat her better and tell her everyday that he likes her.

• Not me, but its somewhat similar

• Love is not just a interested feeling. It's how you act and deal with it.

• post your pic please :)

• If I was going to do that, I wouldn't be anonymous. And what dies my picture have to do with anything?

• @dannymexico90 to compliment me for being a fucking loser? Because I don't see any reason for compliments in what I wrote

• Yes I do :)

What Guys Said 1

• Your problem is not her. It's you. You have oneiteis

• I have a what?

• Shut up πŸ‘ΆπŸ»

• Right back at ya