Anybody else feel like cops are bigger criminals than anyone?

anytime I really feel like I need to call for help, I hesitate to call them. theyd prbly arrest me for the heck of it.. (past experience)

Most Helpful Guy

• I too have hade more bad experiences than good with cops.
    I have always been a model citizen.
    In fact my grandfather was a cop and I've heard many stories of what cops get away with.
    Cops, having the public trust, need to be heald to a higher standard than ordinary citizens because they are trusted with tremendous power. And just like anybody else are susceptible to corruption and abuse of power. With great power comes great responsibility.
    What we tend to see is cops who are willing to cover for each other to preserve their power and avoid responsibility. Which causes the public confidence in the police to deteriorate. This causes a rift of trust between police and public. Then protect and serve quickly becomes monitor and punish.

Always interesting to see all the responces: "don't' do the crime" shit.
    There is a tendency to ignorantly think that only the guilty need to fear cops. If you've not experianced injustice or abuse of authoritative power, there seems to be a tendency to ignore the problems. After all it's other people who will face the consiquences of injustice not you, and it's easier to ignore and deny it. These people are essentially supporting bad cops and enabling them to remain unaccountable.

What Guys Said 21

• Cops can be bad. They are influenced by politicians and big businessmen. Cops do corruption and haress people caught in crime or otherwise.

• you're rite cops would say something like well are you sure you didn't do anything to provoke the situation and then they ask you put your hands behind your back so they can check and make sure you don't have anything you're not supposed to for there safety hoping they do find it something so that at least some one gets arrested and goes to jail

• The police in Ireland (Gardai) are as corrupt as you will find anywhere. Corrupt from the top down. Perjury, drug dealing and the theft of money from the police stations is endemic.
    A corrupt government needs a corrupt police force or neither will thrive. We are lucky that the ordinary police are not armed.

• You can either bitch more or accept the fact that no system is perfect and everyones different.

• Bigger criminals? No.
    There are good and bad cops out there.

That being said - in german we have a saying: Opportunity makes the thief. And cops have more opportunities than your average joe.

• Not really. Some of my best friends are police officers.
    I've never been treated poorly by them and I have always been able to get the help I need.

Although, I won't always praise them. I have found that sometimes they can be slow to respond to criminal actions, however, when they do respond, they REALLY respond.

• Some are indeed involved in illegal activities

• dont do the crime, if you can't do the time

• Nope!

• cops are thugs, worst gang in america

• yeah, they are. Are you really 30?

• really am. y?

• thank u.. I actually think my skin could use some help, but I hate too much makeup especially on my face, I feel dirty. my skins actually gotten better w age lol like fine wine

• I love wine and hate makeup. you are a really amazing combination.

• Why what happened before...

• I wouldn't say cops exhibit more criminal behavior than this working in different fields, but they are human and just as likely to do the wrong thing as anyone else. There's more reporting on bad cops than there is on good cops, bad cops are the anomaly.

• I could say yes but I haven't lived your life and I don't live in your area, since people are people and they are different any response I give you that has 100% certain is just ignorant. different neighborhoods mean different cops

• Kind of suspicious, the way you're looking at that dog, you dog-fondler you!

• No, I believe criminals are criminals. Some police officers may be criminals, bur only a small minority.

• some are good and some are bad

• if you read and ever dealt with them you know they are

• Ummm cops are 17x more likely to be killed by black people than black people killing them. But the media portraits cops as these big bad wolves.

• are you serious with that "black " comment you just made?
      Racist Much?
      first off.. you don't hear a of a Daily killing of cops, but u Do hear about cops killing people on a daily.
      PEOPLE, NOT BLACKS
      if anyone kills, it's broadcasted for the world to know. and I don't hear of too many of them dropping as often as I do about humans dying on a daily bcz uhm let's see..'he reached for my gun so I shot him in the face' 'his dog barked at me so I killed it" (Animals these pigs are!) 'he was holding something that appears to be a gun so I shot him in the back'
      man I can go on n on about the Stupid excuses they come up just to kill someone, Anyone
      it's like they get a badge for it.

• then maybe you should get your facts straight

• This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black. According to Mac Donald, the police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

• It really depends on where you live. For example, I've lived in Canada and Korea so far, and law enforcement officers in both areas are very kind and helpful. Therefore, I saw no reason to see them as criminals. I wouldn't hesitate to call them if there was an issue. Tbh, though, some people are just negative towards all cops in general and I really hate that. Sure, there are bad cops in the world. But if there weren't any police, think of what the world would become. We need them.

• you're telling me that you think cops are bigger criminals than child sex offenders? wtf

• I didn't specify on any particular crime.. I meant it more along the lines of the # of deaths caused by cops. and
      fyi, if u think there aren't any cops that are child sex offenders , think again

What Girls Said 3

• Nah every experience I've had with police has been good.

• Definitely. I heard there was a thing in San Francisco where their police department staged a conspiracy to kill this one journalist for doing his job. The guy even posted on his Facebook that he's seen cops watching him and if he's found dead in his home it will be them that murdered him.

• no normal police officer would do that unless you actually did something illegal or seemed shady as fuck. if you're Innocent there's no reason to care about the cops