Why are there so many divorces in this and the past couple generations?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because no one really teaches about love and values anymore. Everything is fast and no one wants to wait to know the other person, which results in a fast marriage. Then after the marriage, they realize that their spouse is completely wrong for them and goes for divorce.

1|2
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• There are a variety of factors for divorce, actually. With divorce being legal in places, it has started to become a norm. People don't do the 'grow old together' thing anymore because there are those who aren't that good with commitments or a certain thing a person needs/wants/loves them for is gone. Time can also stretch people out thin and through that people can change as well as relationships. It really depends on the people in the relationship.

0|2
    0|0
  • For a couple of reasons: A) It's much easier to get a divorce now than it was 40 or 50 years ago, with the introduction of no-fault divorce legislation in many places (for example, getting a divorce because of "irreconcilable differences"). And B) People treat it as a way to solve their problems in the marriage. Instead of facing the problems and sorting them out to make the relationship stronger, they figure it's easier to run away from them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because divorce is a lot less frowned up now so rather than having to remain in marriages that are toxic, abusive, and just completely destructive, there's less shame in getting out of it for your own safety, in far too many cases.

2|0
    0|0
  • Domestic abuse and cheating, Sex is a joke.

0|3
    0|0
    • What do you mean by "Sex is a joke"?

• Show All
    • @Receoso stop trolling in my thread

• OK Last word Lacey.

• 1) People get married too quickly/for the wrong reasons
    2) Marriage is less of a binding tradition that is taboo to break
    3) People do not communicate/give up once they get married

0|0
    0|0
  • because it's legal?

0|0
    0|0
  • Because women are able to make their own money so they don't have to put up with anyone's shit just for financial security lol

0|0
    0|1
  • Because bad marriages suck rubber donkey lungs, and people are finding fewer and fewer reasons to stay in them.

0|0
    0|0
  • because people don't respect to each other and also they know that they can easily find someone else

1|1
    0|0
  • simple. instead of trying to work things out they prefer running away from the problems.

0|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• I'll tell you why because girls don't care about men. They marry guys for their money. Pure fact. Cavewomen chose men with the biggest resources = food and land today that is still food and land but the more money = more food and land.
    They don't care about men all girls try this they're two faced they hide the real them. So what they do is marry a guy get pregnant pretend to be the girl they're not once the baby is here that all disappears and out comes the real her. Then she wants a divorce and the child with her and because of that she wants his income as child support and that is how and why there are so many divorces my uncle is going through it right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, when the divorce industry hits 4-5 billion and the marriage industry is in the millions as seed money for the divorce industry that is incentive of the powers-to-be to lower social mores while selling big weddings. Couple this with the media, whacked-out feminism, government retribution, …the list goes on … whala!- we have a death spiral.

1|1
    0|0
  • Why does everyone think divorce is bad it's a good thing it's not the end of a happy marriage it's the end of a bad one and to answer your questions it's because divorce honestly has only been really available sense the I think about the 1930s I may be wrong on the date exactly but before that to get divorce both parties had to agree and they had to have an extremely good excuse as to why they want to plus women and men would be trapped in in sometimes loveless and abusive relationship so hence the spike in the amount because people actually could get them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because people of unrealistic expectations of what a marriage is or is supposed to be.

1|1
    0|0
  • Divorce rates are actually going down. They spiked for a little while but for the past 20-30 years they have been decreasing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I listed five different things that the statement, "sex is a joke" could mean. By the definition of vague, that statement is vague. If you don't want to elaborate, just say so or don't bother to respond.

0|0
    0|0
  • Divorce is resoectiable now, my parents hated each other, never stopped arguing, but, respectisble members of thebpetit bourgousee didn't get divorced in those days, so, they stuck it out and had really miserable lives. Their constant arguing ensured me and my brother had bloody misseriable lives too.

0|0
    0|0
  • People have less tolerance for bullshit these days.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. less peer pressure to stay married
    2. people are bolder in doing what they want

0|0
    0|0
  • coz earlier divorce was looked upon as bad n people were more tolerant to each other.. they made genuine effort to work out marriage. now a days its jus gets over for any god damn reason..

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz people are not required to stay married to stay alive anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • extreme social media presence

0|0
    0|0
  • Because everything and everyone is disposable these days.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women are more independent now and also have less to lose when filing for it which is about 70% of them , also no one really wants to work at a marriage these days unfortunately either

0|0
    0|0
  • Because No One Takes Marriage And Their Vows Seriously.
    All Is Good And Both Are Happy Until A Problem Arises, Instead Of Accepting The Fact That All Marriages Have Problems And To Work Them Out Like A Mature Couple, It Is Just Easier To Get A Divorce.

0|1
    0|0
Loading... ;