Girlfriend threatened to cheat and sleep with other dudes.. so I left her. Right decision or too harsh?

I just feel like If she threatens to cheat it's a massive insult and she is clearly not happy.. so to her surprise I said fuck it lol I'm done with you.

I feel like it put her in her place but I also think it's harsh at the same time. I think I will leave her to teach her a lesson for future guys she dates that you can't threaten to cheat on someone because of a very small row.

(BTW she knows my weakness is if she was to cheat so she uses it as a tool to threaten me)

• yes, right Decision
  • no, too harsh

1118

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you made the right decision. Not because it will punish her or teach her a lesson, but because making such a threat is manipulative and borderline abusive. It would be impossible to maintain a healthy, trusting relationship with a partner who makes those types of threats.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you take that shite from anyone, Man or Woman, you've no respect for yourself and deserve everything you get.

What Girls Said 10

• Good on ya.

• Right decision.

• You absolutely made the right choice. You should never be with someone who's unfaithful or wishes to be and the fact that she used it to threaten you, also makes her manipulating and abusive. You have nothing to regret.

• So she is using the cheating as a manipulative tactic? WOW How classy of her , Good on you for leaving her

• thank you and everyone else for the feedback! just waiting for the take Me back text haha

• block her number so you don't have to deal with it

• good advice. thanks mom

• Definitely right decision.

Don't cope being in a toxic, controlling relationship like that.
    You need someone to respect you and love you. Not threaten you and abuse you.

• That's a manipulative tactic that she's using on you. If she says that she will go out and cheat who's to say she wasn't already doing it behind your back and you just didn't know about it?

• if she's threatening it, she's likely already acted on it or plans to. you did the right thing in kicking her to the curb.

stick to your guns and don't take her back, no matter how she begs.

• I´d say right if she meant it as a serious threat - like she would actually do it given the chance... also I´d interested in what YOU did for her to say that... For me there is no unjustifyiable reason to "get back at him" by sleeping around. Even if he cheated on me. That is not the right kind of revenge

• she said because I don't remember everything she tells me. she's crazy haha

• I think you might take her comment and do something about it in your next relationship though. I still think it was probably the right decision, I wouldn't like to be manipulated like that...

• hey it's an ldr.. not much I can do

• You did good..! A relationship should be sweet, simple and comfortable with no hidden agendas..!

• Threatening of any sort inside a relationship is NOT okay. It just shows she's immature and manipulative, so you're better off without her.

What Guys Said 17

• You can never be too harsh with people with harsh threats. She just exploited your weakness.. I'd run, and fast.

• I don't think anyone likes to be cheated on mate

• No one does.. but your girlfriend threatened to cheat on you with multiple dudes? Now that's fucked up.

• Right decision, no doubt about it. And no it was not harsh at all. What she did was incredibly immature and unfair. You definitely should leave that relationship and good you did.

• Don't put up with that shit! Good job, I would've left too. No one has the right to treat you like that.

• She's obviously a total arsehole if she thinks that's a reasonable thing to say to her partner. You did yourself a favour

• lol just waiting for the take me back (for the 5th time) text hahahaha

• you mean you didn't have it on you already?

• When you live in Glasgow you always need a weapon close to hand. Cunts just kick your door in and murder you in your hall if they've got a problem with you. Helps having some sharp steel close to hand. Thank fuck it's never happened to me but there's always a first time and you don't get 2nd chances

• Definitely the right decision. That's abusive as hell.

• Good call

• absolutely right

• It's manipulation and it has no place in a proper relationship.
    You did the right thing. Leave.

• Smart move. You dodged a bullet

• good job don't worry once a slut always. a slut

• Absolutely the right decision.

• Right decision. If loyalty is in question walk away. If a chick isn't loyal she doesn't love you and never has.

• why does she threaten that though?

• because it's the one thing she knows that gets to me. it's like blackmailing. she says that and expects me to bow. down to her. which I never do and she hates that

• I think what you did isn't harsh enough.

• She's a manipulative b***h. Good decision.

• Nice to see no simpish comments for once.

• 100% right desicion.