Someone please help!😭 Could me & my ex maybe get back together after 2 years? or maybe he just wants to be friends?

this guy that IDated almost 2 years ago was a guy who I trully deeply felt something, me & him dated a week right after my mom passed away so he gave me this happiness & filled the empty spot. We would hang out EVERYDAY & at school we were always together but we only lasted a little over a month & it was bc i believed a rumor that wasn't true & I tried so hard to get back with him after the break up (which the break up was sooo horrible i went through a lot specially since my mom had died & then he didn't want me anymore) but this guy was the only guy i cried over & had the hardest time to get over him 3months finally passed by and i started dating but no matter what even til this day he's still the one guy imma always have in my heart no matter who i date , he's still the one to me & its been 2 years already! So during the 2 years he didn't wanna talk to me anymore i felt like he hated me which ik he didn't but after the breakup he simply just didn't want anything to do witj me! me & him started seeing & datin other people but recently A week ago i sent him a happy birthday message all simple So now he texts me everyday & replies to me quick & tries to make conversation. Were not flirting but its just him trying to talk to me & putting effort just made me soooo happy & Icouldn't believe it bc i never thought this would happen, but he's been telling me he wants me to trust him again even tho me & him had a bad time before ( me & him never argued during the relationship) but i asked him why has he been ignoring me & made it liok like he hated me & he said that he never hated me that he was being really childish but its been 2 years & he changed from that.. He also told me he wants us to hangout & i was like ofcourse! Okay so from all this can someone please help me & tell me that maybe later on if we keep on talking & have a good bond maybe we can try things out again? do u think maybe he would want that from what he's doing right now or no? Someone please help me ):
Someone please help!😭 Could me & my ex maybe get back together after 2 years? or maybe he just wants to be friends?
Add Opinion