I think there is something wrong with me mentally. What should I do?

Im still obsessed with my ex from over two years and he's told me to get out of his life but I still text him and he tells me to leave him alone. I spend all day thinking about him, sometimes I even dream about him. I create fake profiles so I can follow him and his friends to see what he's doing and I send him fake text messages. I know this is all crazy but I can't seem to stop. Can someone give me some advice?

I've also found that I spend a lot of time trying to go places where he will be. I waste so much time on him and I want to move on but don't know how. I feel like since I handled it wrong in the first place I will never get over it and will always feel this way

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Not everything you lose is a loss... leaving who doesn't realize your value is a new life.
    you need to rebuild your self-confidence to know the difference between your life before and after that relationship.
    this happens because you don't trust yourself, and that won't make you be able to the know the difference between a friend or enemy or bad or good for you.

the only way to get over someone is to extinguish all hope in the prospects that you can salvage your relationship.

the best way is to invest your time in yourself by helping the homeless, taking overtime work, get the edition that you need, helping uneducated children to learn or visit cancer patients to put a smile on their face... etc... all those things will help build your self-esteem and make you feel happy that you can change some things around you and you will also be able to change your life.

Don't give up.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like to me it's obsession. Whatever it is that you had with him, you have to let go or else go seek a professional counselor. Because what you're doing is very intrusive and it can lead you to God forbid be behind bars. Either you've been hurt, or you feel guilty about what happened between you two. Regardless, to what happened at this point. You have to let it go because he's not your life. Just stop. Because anything you do, that he wants to use against you, he can do so because you're supplying it. You need to lead your life. And you can't do that by you constantly doing this. That's all I can say. Just go get help. This website is not the place of something like this. But I doubt this is mental. This is more emotional and psychological. Hope this helps you make a decision.

• we dated 2.5 years, he cheated, used me for sex, lied to me, dumped me, told me he was in love with someone else then told me to get out of his life. I don't understand how he could be so kind when we dated and then so mean when we broke up. we've been broken up for 2 years and 1 month.

• Well look I hate to say it like this but I am:

#1. You got duped by this guy because he and you believe in premarital sex before marriage. Regardless if consensual or not, everything is fair game, including there not being a rule about who he or you can sleep with. A dating relationship holds no moral or merit on those grounds.

#2: It doesn't matter if it was 2.5 years. He used you as well as you used him for sex 2.5 years. Now whether you lied to him about something or not, either way, he did what he did and you fell for it.

#3: And don't believe him when he says he's in love with somebody else. Once a relationship turns sexual, it's about sex and lust. Not love. Becuase if he loved you, he wouldn't have lied, cheated and dumped you like that. A cheater is still a cheater. So these should be very good reasons for you to try to forget that loser and try to move on. Because by you continuously bothering him about this situation, you're just letting him have control over you.

What Guys Said 4

• Maybe, its obvious you loved him and you haven't been able to move on from this. Do you think you might have depression?
    How do you deal with stress in other areas of your life or when other things have happened?
    I posted a similar question, can you answer it.

• im not depressed anymore but I was at one point

• one sided love? ha? datss never gonna work... o only thing u will ever get frm it is pain pain and pain.. move on.. find someone who can really love u.. someone who can care for you...

• it's never easy. they say it takes half as long as the relationship was to get over someone. develop a hobby. make good friends

• you answered your own question Hun. he cheated and used and lied to u. as nice as he might have been it wasn't nice of him to treat u that way. he didn't know what a great thing he had. some men view relationships as a game instead or mutual love and respect

• Is this you? I'm confused...

• yes, we dated 2.5 years, he cheated, used me for sex, lied to me, dumped me, told me he was in love with someone else then told me to get out of his life. I don't understand how he could be so kind when we dated and then so mean when we broke up. we've been broken up for 2 years and 1 month.

• Yes? Dude? I'm confused mate, what's going on?

What Girls Said 2

• I know it's hard, but you have to just cut all ties with him. That relationship ended for a reason and it's better for you that it did, because the way he treated you in the end you didn't deserve that. So delete his number, block it if you have to.. delete any old photos of him and just get rid of anything that is a reminder of that relationship. The reason why it seems like you can't move on from the relationship is because you have a soul tie to that guy. If you don't know what a soul tie is you can google it and watch videos on how to break a soul tie with someone.

• its harmful for your own health honey. the relationship has ended years ago and you really need to move on. love yourself first and respect yourself first. you should come first and when you do thag you'll find an even better guy who truly loves you. you're embarrassing yourself by texting him again and again.