Ex girlfriend who dumped me texts me after month and a half of NC?

Long story short, ex girlfriend left me for someone else. I went NC right away, she texts me a month and and a half later bascially asking how i am and bringing up happy memories. I kept it short, stayed upbeat and positive, acted if i was completly unaffected by the breakup. I kept it very brief and ended the convo on my own terms saying i had to go. She seemed upset. Where do i go from here? Do i let her contact me again? Do i text her? I don't want to come off as desperate or needy and especially since i think she's still dating this dude, i don't want to ruin my chances.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would be careful with that. It may seem like she wants to talk to you again, but trust your instincts even if you still love her. Your instincts are there for a reason. If you feel like she's with that guy still, you're probably right. Not trying to be a downer, but just trying to help.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're a doormat for her. She probably got scorned by that new guy and so she's trying to get you to chase after her to make her feel desirable again.

You're not a human but just a tool for her to use and then throw away once she got what she wants. If you have respect for yourself tell her your busy next time she tries to chat. Don't encourage anything she tries to text or tries to meet up say you don't have time for it.

What Girls Said 1

• Let her text you.

What Guys Said 3

• TBH I've dated this type of person, she probably is just coming to you because something happened with her current boyfriend. It's true that itd be really easy to hook back up with her, but think about how she made you feel when she left you for that guy. what makes you think she wouldn't do it again? its nice to have someone around that's familiar, but I urge you to be careful bud.. don't get that heart broken twice

• Thank you for the kind words bro!

• Will do my man! This should get interesting, haha.

• GOOD LUCK❤️

• If she cheated once she'll cheat twice, don't even doubt it, do as you wish but do not fall for her.

• Tread carefully