How do I get over him?

I need to accept the fact that a relationship between a friend and I just isn't going to happen. It's killing me. He's on my mind constantly and I've never had such strong feelings for anyone before in my life. I honestly have no idea how I'm going to get through this as it hurts so much. He has no clue, or at least I haven't told him, that I like him so much. The problem is that he's in a relationship and I want no part in breaking that up so I cannot tell him how I feel. I feel so foolish feeling so strongly about him and having such a hard time moving on from considering we were never even a couple!

So, at this point I know that I need to completely cut off contact with him or at least make it is as minimal as possible. I'm trying to stay busy and I'm also trying to work on myself, but he still finds his way into my head... a lot. Are there any other things that you can offer?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Just focus on other things... and really you just need to NEVER like somebody who already has a girlfriend... because it hurts you in the end since you can't be with them... but really the only things you can do is to focus on other things and do other things that require you to think about those things... and let time pass by... after enough time he should go away in your head... and also... minimal contact is a good idea... but then if you are his friend he's gonna wonder why... honestly if he already has glad girlfriend then maybe you could just tell him... get it off your chest because you are hiding and holding it in... and holding something in like that really takes a toll mentally... with stress and all... and sometimes it goes away... but sometimes it doesn't... so like I think you should tell him... just to get it off your chest... but just like remember to say "I know you already have a girlfriend, and I don't wanna break that up... but I just had to tell you"... tell him.

Most Helpful Girl

• The best way would be to find someone else.

What Guys Said 2

• Try minimizing him as much as possible, and try to find a better person who will help you erase off your feelings for him. Whenever he strikes into your mind, try thinking of something else which makes you happier, eventually you'll loose the feeling with time.

• one sided love !!! never world honey!! love someone who lovess u.. trust me on this u will never hain anything out of it except pain.. i have gonee. through it

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!