Do you ever think if you had handled things differently you would still be with an ex or do you think everything happens for a reason?

• I would like to go back in time to act differently
  • everything happens for a reason

1218

Most Helpful Guy

• tbh I really didn't know what went through my ex's head. She was also hellbent on leaving the country , so either way it was doomed to fail.

But I wish things were a bit different. Tbh all other women that came after her are nothing like her.. I do wish things were different.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh, okay. So the *actual* question you were trying to ask was "Would I go back in time so that I could handle things differently, or would I accept that everything happens for a reason?"

I'm happy with things as they are.

As far as my love life and romance, the only other guy that was a good match that I might have married, is so much like my current boyfriend whom I've known since high-school, that I sometimes confuse them in my memories. I was too immature with the other guy and lost him 10 years ago.

What Guys Said 17

• I would not be with an ex but with a girl that I should have gone for instead of my exfreind. I would also probably only have one exfemale freind instead of 2.

• I was wrong to ever start anything with my (now) ex. However, with what I learned from this mistake, I was able to stop this from happening with another girl.

• Shit happens and reasons are illusions, it just does for no reason. all of my exes are exes because I didn't want to be with them anymore (cheating, drugs, booze, etc). That sentiment hasn't changed over the years, I'd still want nothing to do with them even if they were still alive (some are dead, others not sure, haven't kept track).

• Well it's easy to dwell on the past but the things from the past make you person you are today.

I do wish I handled only 2 relationships better and those were serious ones.

• I am a bit in between - I think everything happens for a reason but I would love to see if anything different would happen if I did X rather than Y.

• If I could go back in time and act differently I'd not be with my exes.

• I don't believe in fate that everything happens for a reason. It would be nice to go back and fix some things but I'm glad for my experiences because they taught me a lot.

• I dumped my last girlfriend for a million reasons, and for that I am proud of myself for standing up for me and not putting up with her anymore

• You can't fix stooopid. :)

• I've had pretty bad experiences in the past and done bad things to people that I love but I wouldn't change a thing because if I did things differently I might not even have the people I have now

• I wish I broke up years sooner

• Yah things could always of been different but would you want it to be?

• you know we all have 20/20 vision when things are done.
    yes i have the taste that i could have fixed, solved, replaced. but who knows. eventually we have to move on and feel better.

• honestly my ex had a kid and lied about it to me... id never date her again

• Your here in this world to learn from your mistakes so that one day you can help somebody else

• Everything happens for a reason. But the question is - "was it a stupid reason".

• I'd break up sooner.

What Girls Said 11

• It's possible that if I handled my past relationship differently, I might still be with my ex. But the fact is, I'm glad that didn't happen, because my current boyfriend is a much better match for me.

• I know that my ex's were not the ones for me. With my last relationship I used to think that maybe if I handled certain situations differently, things wouldn't have ended the way they did. However, I realize that in the end, our breakup was inevitable because he was an ass and the things we fought about, he would never change them or be willing to compromise with me. So, everything does happen for a reason.

• I think it would have lasted, but I'm glad it didn't because I discovered all his dark secrets which he had kept away and lied about while we were together. He was also a careless person who treats every woman with trash.

• Nope. It definitely wouldn't have worked out lol. But I'm glad to have met someone as amazing as him :)

• For the most part, most relationships that end did so because of a lack of effort put in by one side or the other. Or even both sides. With my ex, it was doomed from the start. The only reason he was even with my was because he felt bad for me. I used to think that if I did something differently, he would have truly liked me, but there's nothing I could have done other than realizing he was full of shit.

• Everything happens how it's supposed to.

• Yeah I would not like to meet them and learn my experience in a less painful method.

• Things would have been different, but everything happens for a reason. I am so much better off now

• If i could handle things differently then i wouldn't have dated my ex. I would have rather stayed single.

• I would have dumped them way faster. But desperation leafs you in the arms of idiots.

• If I could every go back into time.. I would never date my ex..!

• Oh, I can see situations where I wish I had handled things differently, but I don't really want to go back in time.