Tips to getting over an ex?

It's been about three months. Maybe not enough time, I'm not sure. But it's really getting to me.

I was fine the first couple weeks. I changed my ringtone for calls and text messages so I couldn't think or hope it were him as often, I started investing in myself, working out, finding hobbies, working more and better. I've written myself letters about him, I've gutted my feelings out to myself and my friends, I've done all you could possibly do to have a healthy break up recovery.

I don't miss him in the sense that I want us to go back to where we were. Our relationship actually sucked, I think we just met at the wrong points of our life. Nothing lined up and I guess we just wanted different things ultimately.

But I can't get over that he was my best friend. I've been traveling for work and I almost cry every time. I think I just miss making memories with him or sharing things I've done with him. I don't know how to shake it off. Everything I do that I'm proud of or have done to better myself after this break up -- I want to share with him. It's killing me, I'm typically an extremely independent girl.

I don't think about him all the time, but when I do, it sucks. Is there anyway to lessen the pain?

Thank you for your time!
Tips to getting over an ex?
5
2