Tips to getting over an ex?

It's been about three months. Maybe not enough time, I'm not sure. But it's really getting to me.

I was fine the first couple weeks. I changed my ringtone for calls and text messages so I couldn't think or hope it were him as often, I started investing in myself, working out, finding hobbies, working more and better. I've written myself letters about him, I've gutted my feelings out to myself and my friends, I've done all you could possibly do to have a healthy break up recovery.

I don't miss him in the sense that I want us to go back to where we were. Our relationship actually sucked, I think we just met at the wrong points of our life. Nothing lined up and I guess we just wanted different things ultimately.

But I can't get over that he was my best friend. I've been traveling for work and I almost cry every time. I think I just miss making memories with him or sharing things I've done with him. I don't know how to shake it off. Everything I do that I'm proud of or have done to better myself after this break up -- I want to share with him. It's killing me, I'm typically an extremely independent girl.

I don't think about him all the time, but when I do, it sucks. Is there anyway to lessen the pain?

Thank you for your time!

25

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I know this won't be helpful but I just went through a breakup. he broke up with me. he had done this a year ago too but he changed his mind and we got back and things were great. but a month ago he again broke up with me out of nowhere because of his guy friend who turned him against me. so whenever I miss him I just believe that he'll come back again and I'll get my revenge. selfish I know, but the feeling is worth it

What Guys Said 4

• All you need to realize is your wanted by other guys, once you realize you can do better it makes it much easier

• talk to new people, have new skills

• For my case i drown in alcohol and prescription pills. i recommend you to go out and get more social interaction

• I am also going through something similar​. What you need to do is someone to talk to someone who you can be honest with.
    ps:meet new people make new friends. It will get better when you realise that there are more fishes in the sea.

What Girls Said 1

• Do something else when you think about him.