Should I text him or wait?

Me and my ex have starting talking again after realising things, and we are just seeing how things work out. We had many months of space apart in the time I changed and grew up, and I didn't want to lose him so I fought for him, he's real important to me. As he was my bestfriend prior to dating, so we are friends at the moment but it's more than friends.. but we aren't dating as it's not the right time. We just want to get to know one another again and start afresh. We have a really good bond and a deep connection, and things seem to be going well. We are just enjoying each other's company. He flirts with me and talks to me more than a friend. I still love him and he says he likes me a lot. But understandably he is hesitant due to our past so we want to take things slow and says he's young and doesn't want to make any commitments. But I feel as if he doesn't like me at all and isn't interested. I asked him a few days ago if I'm doing something wrong and he said I'm doing nothing wrong but I expect things like nothing happened and he says I try too hard. I make effort because he means a lot to me and I want him to have a good impression of me. It's hard because we are long distance. We text throughout the week everyday, and however on the weekends he texts me maybe once or twice or just doesn't talk for a day or two. Which is fair enough as he's busy and perhaps with his friends. I don't expect him to text me 24/7, I just find it rude when he doesn't respond and doesn't initate conversation after he's ignored my texts. I don't want to look stupid and text him again and again, but I just find it unfair and I felt that today is a new day and he should have messaged me but he didn't. I always give him importance and make him a priority, I don't want to play games, and if I bring it up to him, he will say that stop be crazy and you wonder why I'm hesistant and that I'm not on my phone 24/7, I have things to do etc. He hasn't spoken to me since Saturday

12

What Guys Said 2

• Okay
    First of all being so serious about a long distance relationship after breaking up is not good.
    Second he is already over you.
    Its you who is holding on the moments you both spent together..
    He probably has someone else in his life right now, who is helpin him get over you.
    And it did work for him.
    Bt still if u want to get back with him, wait for a while and when time is right, go to his place and meet him.
    Make sure whether u both are on the same page. If he is willing to get back wid u after meeting u, good.
    Else it would be better you the same what he did to you.
    MOVE ON with someone else.

• Okay if he is going to meet you, then no worries, he will definitely initiate the conversation, u dnt need to worry about it..

• U wanna​ know the truth.
      He is probably thinking​ about u right now coz if u were nt important to him he won't even bother to meet u. If he is sayin that he will meet u, then u really are important to him.
      The reason he is not textin u is that he is not confident enough to solve issues with u on messages. He is not texting coz he thinks things might get worse on solving issies on text, nd he doesn't want that to happen..
      And guys like it when women take charge of smething they cannot control. So it would be beeter u text him first, nd start with a happy topic thats completely off the fight..
      Smethin he would like to talk about..

• There's no issues to solve. We talk everyday about normal things, apart from on the weekends when he is busy. I don't mind texting him first but it would be nice if he would initate our conversation rather than only me

• Depends on why you both broke up, is there maybe a reason why he distances himself from you. If he doesn't text you after several i'd suggest texting him, for example if he won't respond until tomorrow or Wednesday then go ahead and message him and look for his response. If he won't answer after that then maybe he kinda lost interest in you.

• We had a lot of issues that lead up to the break up. But at the end of our relationship we must started fighting too much and I was immature. It was a rough break up and he treated me bad but after thinking about his perspective I realised the mistake I had made too and apologised for them. So after I changed I approached him and now we are here, it took a lot of effort and work to communicate and things are well to my knowledge but just small issues like that bother me. He's flying over to see me soon and I know it will be great in person, but I don't know if he'll like me more or not. So I'm not worried about him not answering me, my problem is about initiating the conversation, and I know if I text him right now he'll respond but then I will feel bad because he didn't make that effort to talk to me first you know

• I haven't done anything wrong this time so that's why I'm surprised. I'll wait a few days and see if any thing progresses and if not I will text him from my other phone and then I can see clearly if he has blocked me or not. i'm hoping that he hasn't blocked me and that maybe it's another issue. I'm so stressed out now.. It hurts just to be left like that, and I worked so hard and made a lot of effort 😓

• Yeah i feel ya, but good luck anyways

What Girls Said 1

• Just wait.

• I hate waiting because I know if I text him, he will respond straight away and talk to me continually. But I just would like if he initiated conversations sometimes because it makes me look stupid