Currently on a break, shall I break up with him now, or wait for this break to make things better?

I have been good friends with this guy and I kinda liked him. He came home once, and while he was leaving, I hugged him really tight and long, and he says he fell in love with me then. I made it clear I don't wanna be friends with benefits, and he said that he can't handle a long distance relationship (as my parents are very very strict and don't even let me go out of my house alone or invite anyone). But still, we made out crazily. He came home the next day as well when my parents were out and we had sex. After that, I told him that I expect him not to run behind any other girl and that tensed the moment. After going back, he messaged me that either we get into a relationship or I shall free him from the commitment, and he was ready to give the ldr a try. We chat daily, at least for an hour, but we don't ever talk anything romantic, and he says he's not sure if he is in love with me. Yesterday, before even completing 2 weeks into this "relationship", he says that he needs a break to sort out his head and his feelings. I tried to oppose, but then I agreed. And then, he sent me messages like "I don't wanna make anymore mistakes before I am sure about my feelings. It just feels that I don't deserve you. And it feels guilty to see that you love me so much and I am not able to reciprocate the feeling, but I can't force it out, uk. This could be a breakup. I may never get any feelings. So please don't keep any hope and don't bother waiting. I am sorry. I really am. But its coz I don't wanna cause you any more harm. And trust me, if we had continued this It would have been a lot worse." And today, he is out, for a friend's (guy, thank God) birthday party with a night stay. This really hurt me as he never mentioned this earlier. He never tells me about his plans and that makes me feel unimportant. Shall I break up with him now, or wait for this break to make things better?
2
2