How do you stop thinking about someone who dumped you 2 years ago?

17

Most Helpful Guy

• Two years is way, way too long to be obsessing over something like this. You're at an age where you have more romantic options than you'll ever have so it seems like a ridiculous waste to even be spending more than 10 seconds thinking about someone like this. The reality is that if you're still thinking about this person, you're doing things to yourself to keep yourself in misery. There's no reason to be over dramatic over a young relationship that most likely lasted only a few months in the first place. Go out and have fun before you realize that you wasted your late teens/early 20s sulking over someone who might not even remember your name.

• we dated for 2.5 years and I thought we would get married but then he cheated on me and lied about it for a month then dumped me and had sex with another girl but strung me along and told me he still loved me then he told me we were totally done and I had to move on then he came back from college and asked to see me to catch up and we ended up hooking up and he told me it was nice to cuddle and see me and he told me i looked pretty and asked if i had been working out and i went to visit him at school twice and he told me he liked me and then he got distant and admitted he had another girlfriend and was in love with her and not me and he told me to get out of his life and he was gonna block me then 3 months later he unblocked me and i tried texting him but he didn't reply so i waited a year and then i texted him and he said it was ok that he wasn't upset and then he texted me again saying leave me alone. i feel so angry still and I want to know how to let go of this finally

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• the last relationship I was in ended after 5 years shortly after I proposed... its been about a year and a half... I plan on dating but not till I meet a woman im in sync with till then im going to do the single thing and wait on GOD... move on when your ready don't force it... Don't dwell on the thoughts of that person either it will make it take more time

• Try to be a better person and learn from your mistakes. Life is too short. Stop wasting it and start using it for the right reasons.

• you can't stop it but you can move on and it will help

• create new memories with someone else. 2yrs is enough to start someting new.

• masturbate thinking of someone new

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!