Why do people stay in one sided relationships or relationships where they are controlled?

My sister boyfriend trys to change my sister into someone she just isn't. My sister pretty much is a boy with boobs only girl thiag about her is the fact she loves make up& doing her hair. Her boyfriend wants her to start wear dress, walking, acting and talking more like a girly girly its like her. My friend boyfriend is inscure and when they hang out 80% of the time its becuase he wants sex and she gotta talk him into doing anything else. She says she hates the fact al men are the same. So why does my sister and friend say with their bf? I got more storys they are worse but dont wanna over do it. I known my friend she the typle to stay with a guy to someone better comes along i belive
3
2