What helps with the pain of a breakup?

I've dated this guy for 2 years. He was just not adding to my life positively, and I hoped he would wake up one day and change but he never did. His behavior only got worse and I finally realized I needed to get out. We had broken up before under similar reasons but it was much harder than the recent breakup. It caused me emotional and physical pain and was especially hard on me because he left me without reason and abandoned me.

I know this breakup was the right thing for me to do. I know he wasn't healthy and constantly drove me crazy, but he was my first love and the love made it hard to leave but it wasn't reciprocated. I got closure this time because I had the balls to call him and things ended amicably. I can't begin to put into words how much pain I am in. My body literally aches. My body feels shaky and my mind feels scattered and fried. When I walk, it's like I'm just dragging so much heavy weight and I feel just out of my body. I will think of him a lot and even cry a lot. I will cry about things completely unrelated to him because my emotions are just haywire. I feel like a walking zombie. I read somewhere that
emotional pain activates the same pathways in the brain as physical pain. Which I can testify for.

Has anyone experienced such pain after a breakup? How do you get through it?
What helps with the pain of a breakup?
3
1