Getting ghosted?

I fell hard for this girl and things were going well for a short time and I quickly (quicker than usual) developed serious feelings for her. She decided she couldn't get into a relationship and asked if we could stay friends (cliché, I know). I agreed, but it was no secret that I still wanted something more with her. She suddenly ghosted me and it made me feel like garbage, like she'd so easily tossed me aside and disregarded my existence. So my questions are, a) Why? Why and how does a person do that to someone that cares about them? and b) How do I let this go and stop caring about her, especially without any closure?

11

What Girls Said 1

• I can't answer that question she's the only person who truly knows why. For closure you can confront her about th situation or leave it only i know it's painful and it will take time but eventually you'll get over her

What Guys Said 1

• It's a vicious circle, everybody ghosts people.