How to un-invite him?

The other day my best guy and one of my best girl friends were hanging out and my BGF were talking about how excited we were for the an all GIRLS trip to Houston but while were down there my guy friend (who likes me and I like him) is going to meet up with us and bring two of his friends for both my best girl friends although we mentioned it was an all girls trip my guy friend kind of invited himself by claiming he has always wanted to go and would love go we both didn't want to be rude so we kinda unsurely agreed but now not only is the cost for hotel going to go up (which both girls are kinda p*ssed off ) but this trip is kinda a bonding trip for the girls and its going to be awkward for me because my guy friend (the one who invited himself) kinda has a crush on me which would bad because I'm going to hang out with my guy friend that I actually were like... and my second best girl friend is not comfortable with him going. but it wouldn't be so bad to uninvite him but he has so called is getting over excited and started looking up stuff for to do and looking up where we are going to stay! so my question is how do I let him gently without losing his friendship?!

OK OK OK I'm sorry! lol I totally made up my word ""disinvite" I thought it would sound cooler :P

35

Most Helpful Guy

• If he's the same age as you appear to be here... then telling him what you guys plan to do shouldn't be that hard.

Let him know that you really wanted it to be a girls get away kinda thing and that you could plan another trip at a different time...

The worst thing you could do right now would be having him as a tag along...

You and your girls will resent his presents, and you'll lose him as a friend...

SO just be upfront right now and let him know you just want it to be all girls for this one...

Sincerely,

A Loving Black Man

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah just let him know like you did here :) Just let him know it was going to be an all girls thing and while you really are excited that he wants to come along that maybe you two (or all six of you) can do it together another time. Apologize about the mixed signals but make it clear what this is about, which is a bonding trip for the girls. He may be bummed out but he should totally understand.

• Nothat's a legitimate word and it yur are using it correctly. Rather than lying about it, I'd come out and tell him it's a girls trip...not mentioning the other guy! That is still a girl's trip in a way, no?

He'll likely find out you went since a group is involved, and it will lead to hard feelings.

• eah just let him know like you did here :) Just let him know it was going to be an all girls thing and while you really are excited that he wants to come along that maybe you two (or all six of you) can do it together another time. Apologize about the mixed signals but make it clear what this is about, which is a bonding trip for the girls. He may be bummed out but he should totally understand.

• Since he invited himself, kind of, tell him its just thegirls. If he likes you he'll be waitn when you get back. Sounds like he wanted to keep tabs on you while your gone.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't see why the cost of the hotel would go up, but whatever.

I think you know the answer to this. You call him and say that you're really sorry, but that you f***ed up. That you shouldn't have told him that it was ok to come on what was supposed to be a girls-only kind of thing. This will hurt him a bit if he likes you, so apologize like crazy and make it clear that it's not because it's him, it's just because it was really supposed to be a girls-only thing that you and your friends had planned on for a long time.

• Its going up because one of the girls doesn't feel comfortable about sharing a room with a guy and instead of getting a one room suite we have to get a two bedroom suite.

• Gotcha. What about the rest of what I said?

• It makes sense a lot so thx

• I think you mean "uninvite" lol. just tell him the truth...nobody likes to hear lies and don't say stuff that you don't mean just to make him happy. also I'm not trying to tell you to be aggressive and rude and to tell him to F off. tell him "hey sorry so an so but we can't afford to have you guys stay with us in the hotel and we're just trying to keep it an all girls trip...sorry...I hope you can understand and forgive me?" there's no way to get around the situation, its best to honest. be assertive yet calm, and try not to over react if he gets mad...he'll get over it. good luck :)

• Is disinvite even a word, I think its uninvited