Can you become a friend with your ex?

37

Most Helpful Girl

• If there's no lingering feelings and you broke up with a satisfactory conclusion on mutual, amicable terms, or if enough time has passed for that to be the natural conclusion.

If someone still harbours feelings then there will not be an easy move towards friendships and there will just be a lot of ulterior motives and hidden resentment underneath.

Most Helpful Guy

• Good question. Am maself in this situation, I've accepted to be friends wit her, I owe it to her considerin the things she suffered through ma fault😒. At the moment no problem but it often reminds me of the bullshit I made yet I apologized😑. In short, not wit any ex.

What Girls Said 2

• My guy friend just told me the story of how happy he was with his fiancĂ©, they had a joined bank account and he noticed the money disappearing. His fiancĂ© was using it to buy cocaine and she cheated on him multiple times. They broke up but they are still friends after all that. And now his current girlfriend was married to a controlling guy who wanted her to be a housewife but she didn't want to do that so she got a divorce.

• I'm still friends with a few of mine.

What Guys Said 6

• yes if you can separate your feelings from your friendship. I've only been able to do it recently and I don't know how easy it is regularly

• No wtf thats asking for trouble if kids are involved yes cause you are forced to get along to better your childs life but i have no kids so fuck em all could all die right now and i wouldn't care

• My ex tried to stab me, so no, I'm well away from that psycho

• you can be friends with an ex, I'm friends with a few of my exes and we talk about stuff just as I'd we are two best friends.

• no way! move on!

• No way... never... plus it is a deal breaker to someone new you'd be in a relationship with. leave the past in the past.