What helped you through a breakup?

1123

Most Helpful Guy

• The following things helped me :

- removed everything that reminded me of her (that includes pictures, items and gifts)

- started to have some 'me' time, for me it was reading books, video games, exercising, working harder on my job.

- kept telling myself that the time is on my side and that I took the high moral road and it would be worth it

- stopped talking to my friends / family about her or asked them not to mention her to me anymore

Took me a couple of months with all that, but I came out stronger and now I've reached the point that I am over it completely.

• Logical thing to do. Good advice!

Most Helpful Girl

• Buying a bunch of pretty dresses. Hitting the gym. Dating other people. Meeting people who give back the hope that good, attractive men still exist. Getting a new job (that was a couple weeks before the breakup but it helped keep me busy). The order of things doesn't matter much.

What Guys Said 22

• a good friend who offered a shoulder to cry on, a hand to support and a patient ear to listen
    productive activities that distract and have a positive outcome also always helps

• Productive activities do keep the mind off things.

• and it seggest in the name are productive so that you dont waste your time

• Well, I never had a break up because I have always been single!.

• The Cure's 1989 masterpiece "Disintegration"... Especially the songs "Disintegration" and "Prayers for Rain".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlornfPat6k&t=522shttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVb1gsS1y8Mhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtQOlErK2bI
    There's a reason Kyle says...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G5YguuNSJg

• getting over a serious relationship is gonna be stuff but I can tell you things which I did.
    1) stop listening to romantic songs or melody
    2) don't be alone all day long. go out
    3) cry it all out
    4) give some more time to your passion
    Hope this helps you!
    😇

• Weed and sex

• I couldn't ever have rebound sex but weed is alright.

• I found out why she broke up with me, and vowed to not make the same mistakes with the next girl (who ultimately became my wife).

• The memories that always made me realize that they relationship for which i suffered so much waz never worth it

• nothing will hlp u.. just give urself sometime.. nd be patient.. strt focusing on things around u.. nd soon u'll heal with time

• I hope this time goes by fast.

• be cool.. nd think like it was just a lesson to make u better nd more lovely..
      just remember happiness is the only key to success..
      just be happy

• Very wise words! Thank you! 😊

• Glenlivet.

• I had to deal with it on my own, my two friends werent there for me. So I went no contact, avoided things that reminded me of her.
    Meditation, exercise and staying busy... Instead of smoking weed and drinking

• friends friends and more friends. Hang out with your friends do some things and it'll ease through

• By getting a sexdoll and print her face out and paste it on the sexdoll and treat it like we haven't breakup.

• distraction basically.. go get distracted

• two cases of beer and some Xbox gameplay I forgot about her

• Completely cutting all contact with her, blocking her everywhere, and keeping busy.

• catching up with other people's of this world.

• keeping myself distant from the person and cutting off any ties I had around them.

• Well for one breakup I slit my wrists and went to the nuthouse after the hospital bandaged me up and gave me a transfusion. That helped, for awhile at least.

• :( I hope you find peace

• I would have if the dammed nosey neighbors wouldn't have freaked out and called the cops. Or if they would have at least waited a few more hours first.

• It sounds like it was a rough breakup. Sorry to hear that!

• Focusing on other things

• another person

• Rebounds never last! But It is a distraction.

• another girl.. helped getting through it

• my last breakup was brutal af and I got over it in 2 months, at first I was pissed at what she did, then I was depressed then I was angry and depressed then I was back to me and I just went to the gym and vented put on punching bags the entire time lol, that's just me tho

What Girls Said 10

• Loud music while driving under the stars down country roads. I just needed space from everyone so I could put things back into focus.

• Doesn't get better than that!

• Nothing still Delong

• Moving on and doing fun things

• Just staying stronger and move forward next , step by step just life goes on !

• Get into bts

• One time, one of my guy friends helped me though a breakup. He understood how much pain I was in. Turns out he had a crush on me the whole entire time. We eventually dated

• music

• I know it seems bad, but rebound can help as long as you are open to him what you feel.

• I saw it as a blessing. It taught me a lot about my self and how I deal with things that happen out of my control. The heart will eventually heal

• I like your optimism!

• Running/exercise