Is there only 2 genders?

🤷‍♀️ i mean, lol.

not sure about myself but i feel like there's only two gender + gender fluid man I don't know

• Yes
  • No

1010

Most Helpful Guy

• for me, only 2 genders exist and a third temporary gender, which is Transgender. a Transgender for me is someone who is in the middle of a sex change, so they classify temporarily as "Transgender" and once the transition is complete, they'd be either male or female

Most Helpful Girl

• I find that this new found definition of gender is a little obtuse to be honest. The reason for its existence appears to based entirely on stereotypical gender norms and the need to manufacture stupid labels so we feel like we can - apparently - understand ourselves better.

It's the ultimate irony really. By trying to smash the binaries of gendered boxes associated with "male" and "female", the only logical thing apparently is to now... create even MORE boxes. Yeah that'll show them right? Smash those arbitrary categories by replacing them with more categories. And then somehow claim that we are now free of these evil gender norms? It's laughable.

I don't strongly believe in the notion of gender stereotypes. But I also do not believe because I don't strongly agree with gender stereotypes that I am therefore genderfluid. I am simply, myself.

In short. There are two genders, male and female. But within that you can be whatever person you want. Male and female are just objective descriptors for people to use as a metric to understand a little bit about someone, among a few other things like sexual connotations and so on. But beyond that have no baring on what kind of character you are in terms of personality, ambition, interests and so on. You choose that for yourself.

What Guys Said 9

• simple biology... yes, there is only 2 and will always only be 2... anybody who believess they are not their biological gender is as crazy as the person who believes in unicorns... though they do have the right to believe in what they want.

• Just 2.

• there's only 2, dont let the crazyness twist ur thinking.

• On planet Earth? Yes, but maybe some other planets have alien species with three or more genders.

• Yeah🤣

• Yes. Anything that thinks otherwise are just SJW morons. Simple Biology 101.

• just ,2 for me damn

• No...

• Are there?

What Girls Said 9

• Gender is an interesting topic and a confusing one for most, mainly because we try to use the same word for a variety of things.

You have biological gender, this is objectively male/female.
    I may be a tranny, but I am objectively biologically male, if I wasn't I would not need to transition.

Then you have things like gender identity, this is where a lot of the confusion lies.
    If someone tries to tell me they're a genderfluid, demi-girl attack helicopter, fine, whatever. I'm not going to argue with you, just tell me how you expect to be treated and refered to and I'll respect that.
    Just like my next door neighbour being a guy and sucking dick every night, I am absolutely not effected by someone else not feeling comfortable with their biological gender, whatever, you do you.

• yes, there are only two genders.
    TBQH, I feel as though this whole gender-fluidity movement is going to do far more wrong than otherwise in the lt as complete liberty in choosing their 'identity' is detrimental af to people. There's nothing wrong with genders, which ARE based on biological fact. I don't see why there was a need to give people the liberty to switch between what they identify as. I mean... why can't you just be a 'well-groomed/fahionable man' or a tomboy?

• I know that this is a controversial subject, but in my opinion there are only two biological genders, but there can be more than two psychological genders. Which means that you are born a boy, a girl or a hermaphrodite, which is your biological gender, but you can feel that you are something different, something that doesn't physically show.

• only 2

• I'm pretty sure there are only two genders... maybe 3 if you add the transgenders. I really dont know. Hard question

• I think there are only two. You either identify as a man or a woman

• Are there only two genders? Yes, there are. Thank god!

• yes, but different ways to express them.

• If you're a transgender who prefers to be known as a female, then you're a female. Not a transgender male or any of that, that just makes it confusing.