Breaking it off with work colleague?

We started seeing each other a month ago and I fell for him, he doesn't want a relationship and just wants sex. I don't want to be friends with benefits. I know I have to break it off but I really like this guy and seeing him at work all the time is going to be difficult for me. Especially when he hangs out with the other girls at work. Any tips other than to stay away from work colleagues in future?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm, the best course of action, I feel in this case (and remember, please, this is only my idea of what I'd do) is avoid him and treat him with respect as you would do, but do not directly have contact with him. From the details you've said, it would also be best to make it clear to him you don't seek the interest he does. But, not in a mean way. Simply say you would like to remain professional coworkers, and cease any other relationship or form of contact. If he doesn't understand or refuses, he cannot make you do anything. After this, say farewell and cease communication with him. Return to work as usual, and continue to keep a low communication setting with him. Carefully, of course.

Most Helpful Girl

• put in mind that you and him want different things... you want a relationship and he wants sex only

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• You two clearly want different things, end this before you get hurt and enjoy life, he's not the only guy in the world, keep that in your mind heh a lot of opportunities are awaiting

• Accept that you two don't work, end things, learn from the experiences