Would you leave your partner if you found out they were infertile?

Obviously this question is directed towards people who want children.

• Yes, there is nothing more important to me than having biological children
    7%(2)6%(4)Vote6%(2)
  • Yes, but it would be a difficult decision
    17%(5)15%(10)Vote14%(5)
  • Only if they didn't want to have children in another way
    21%(6)22%(14)Vote22%(8)
  • No, having biological children isn't the most important thing to me
    55%(16)57%(37)Vote58%(21)

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. I don't care whether we have children by making them ourselves or whether we adopt or foster or use a surrogate or a donor or whatever. How we get children doesn't particularly matter to me, I just care about us having a family to raise together. I wouldn't be too fussed if my partner couldn't have kids, though I think it'd upset him a lot.

What Guys Said 20

• Well I don't think I want kids so I would be fine with that.

Hypothetically, if having kids was important to me then I am pretty sure I would want them to be biologically mine.

• Eh, something about raising someone else's kids just bothers me.

I guess part of it is that I am sacrificing my opportunity to continue my genetic leaniage in favor of dedicating my life to promoting someone else's genetic leaniage to thrive.

Also it's also just more comforting to know my child has that biological connection to me and my partner and that we created our child together.

• Of course not. We can always adopt a less fortunate little soul.

• Adoption is always an option, and this means no unwanted pregnancy. It doesn't bother me

• of course not

• There's adoption

• Yes, I'm perfectly aware. Notice poll options C and D.

• Notice the question description.

• My answer is no I wouldn't under any circumstances

• you were just shaming me for wanting my own child and now I run into this and you are doing the same to others LOL. I want my own children to pass my genes down. why do I feel important or special? because to me, I am and everyone should think the same about themselves. It doesn't warrant criticism to want your own kid.

• Here's a scenario for you: you have a kid, raise them, then 25 years later you find out your kid was swapped for another at the hospital. Which one is more your kid - the one you spent 25 years with, or the one with your genes?

• Have you? Because if you think that family is only biology, you must be pretty lucky.

• if thats all you got from my reply than I feel bad for you. goodbye

• nope.

• I have had women leave me when they found out I had a vasectomy. I had my one child. Was paying out the ass in child support and didn't want any more. I was a total slut in my 20s and it prevented many an unwanted pregnancy. My current wife and I adopted her sister's daughter 14 years later. It should not be an issue. There are so many children who are unwanted. Why not adopt?

• Do you hate yourself then, for being a slut in your youth?

• I did change and adopted the 3 month rule. That was enough time to decide if she was a keeper or not before I slept with her.

• Old dogs, new tricks etc etc

• No. 8 billion humans is enough. i only want a kid as an heir but i dont really care much About having one

• It'd be hard for me.

But I want children, we might try a surrogacy. But if all else fails, my dreams come first.

• Why? Why are your dreams the most important thing in the world?

• Think about it.

You live on and on. Then you die, having no children. You just failed what all your ancestors did to get to you. If your ancestors thought "i'll raise someone else's kid, it's okay it doesn't matter" You would never have happened.

• Tbqh, that's not what my definition of success is.

• Never having kids, I'd be elateed

• There is a lot of person these days that don't want kids (me included, but I have a boyfriend already) you just have to find one...

• Nah, I would not leave a woman because of that. Hey, there is always adoption.

• Children are not the most important thing to me, the most important thing is the love we share and as long as we are together and we are having fun in and out of the bedroom then that is the most important part of a relationship

• I'm fine with it.
    I don't want little monsters. thanks!

• I don't want kids so it would be a bonus

• fuck no! that just means worry free cream pies for me

• yes I would. Kids are important to me

• Fine with me, not planning to have kids.

• It depends...

What Girls Said 3

• I would like to have biological kids but at the same time I love my boyfriend, so no I wouldn't.

• I think most people lie xD Or they're still too young. You never know but most guys (now normal adults) I know want or already have a baby.

• We don't want little tykes in the first place.