I miss my ex... am I crazy?

Hey y'all. As crazy as it might sound... I'm starting to miss my abusive, obsessive ex. Our relationship is a complicated story... but essentially it ended after I was sexually assaulted and I walked out on him. I ended up having to file a report for harassment because he wouldn't leave me alone after the breakup. At first it was sweet stuff saying he wanted me back and he would change. But the more I ignored him the nastier the messages got calling me names. He ended up starting several rumors about me to ruin my reputation. Anyways long story short he's now with my (now ex) best friend. He has completely destroyed mine and her relationship. I don't think this is a jealousy thing. But for whatever reason I just miss him... maybe I actually miss my old relationship with my best friend.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• There is lots of discussion about EXes... here is my philosophy in dealing with them.

An EX means.. FORMER partner. That means they no longer are a significant part of your life. You have detached the link between you. In my decades of dating experience, only the first breakup was harsh emotionally. Even then, I knew the right way to move on was to simply accept it was over and to continue with my life, with the knowledge a new relationship was around the corner. Since then, each breakup was easy. I could move on the same day, with no emotional aftereffects. It is mental discipline and knowledge that more relationships are to follow. Every person will have several relationships and several breakups before they find "the one". This is normal, so how you deal with it needs to simply be part of the routine. Simply push them out of your mind and your life and continue on.

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them? I see people who whine about an ex spreading rumors or posting negative things on social media. Who cares? Their opinion should not matter at all. They are an EX... the past. No longer involved with you. This person is now one of the billions of strangers on the planet. An irrelevant person.

Breakups happen for a reason...

Most Helpful Girl

• you should stay calm. your relationship was dangerous and you shouldn't be put through that abuse. you should try to mend your relation with the friend. try to distract yourself with hobbies and other people. your not crazy but difficult. you should talk to someone and go out. the better you make your life the more you'll realise your better off without him. try to not over think things.

What Guys Said 3

• Love makes people do crazy things but doesn't justify the fact he abused you or started rumors about you. To answer your question, you aren't crazy you just miss him. I miss my ex now but what she did was unforgettable. You did the right thing by letting go.

• This is similar to Stockholm syndrome.

• the old relationship with the best friend for sure. You don't need none of that girl. relationships are like buses, if you find yourself getting off one... your on to the next

What Girls Said 1

• It will pass over time. Believe me, i found myself missing my ex and fought the feelings. Its lonliness because you are single.