Wanting attention and being stupid may of caused me my family, what should I do?

I sent nudes to another man. My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 4 years and have 2 babies. He found out and reality hit, I may have ruined my life and family all for nothing. He says he didn't want to make it work but I don't want my kids to share homes ( yes I should of thought about it when I was doing wrong) are relationship was already rocky (not an excuse) we currently dont have our kids and since then we both turned into 2 different people. He's gone for 10days to his sister wedding , he found out moments before leaving so I stayed. He's had his issues in the past and I forgave him. I'm just looking for a second chance not only for me but for my kids. It hurts more that when the kids return home it might be only to one parent. What can I do? To keep my family together? The guy I sent the pics to it wasn't a relationship or anything like that. What can I do I have 10days till he returns?
5
1