What does he want from me?

My ex and I broke up in December 2016. It was a mutual thing- so there was no screaming or shouting. In February 2017 I found out he was already dating someone else and I completely freaked out on him. I did no contact for a while and extended and olive branch recently. We have been talking more just catching up. In the the past few weeks he has been asking me if I have been with anyone else besides him, I answered vaguely, he mentioned that everywhere he goes there's a memory of us and I agreed with him and quite recently he told me he isn't emotionally over our relationship and its difficult to move on; initially I was speechless, but managed to tell him to rather leave his current relationship and take time for himself, but obviously he is going to do the opposite. Both times he said "nothing meant by it". I care for him and I really want to help, but its not my place to.

I guess I just need some clarity on what's happening in his head.
+1 y
We dated over two years, we were each other's first love. These responses are helpful. Thank you. Keep it up. Communication, jealousy, social media all played a role in the breakup it just got to a point where too much had happened.
What does he want from me?
4
1