After break up, my ex boyfriend said mean things to me. Does he mean them? Does he not really care anymore? Is he still thinking of me?

A month ago, my ex broke it off with me after he got fired from our company. We were together for 9 months and we were good but had problems as well. The day he got fired was the day he dumped me through a text. I asked to meet up with him two days later and he was all over me making out and stuff but I pushed him off because I told him we are no longer together and he got mad. He said hurtful things to me and told me he did not regret breaking up with me so I blocked him on everything. Days later, I unblocked him and he was begging me to talk to him and he said I made him see a therapist because he is not doing well since I blocked him. For days, we were good, he was talking nice to me and begging me to be his friend. He told me he has a big exam coming and he is preparing for it. He was initiating contact everyday, calling me but never wanted to ask to meet up. Although agrees to see me when I asked. But we only met up one time. But he said, he never asks to see me because it hurts when I push him away. Our conversations are light and flirty but we end up arguing when we talk about the past. He told me not to message him anymore if we are gonna end up fighting. He told me he cares about me, and it matters if we talk everyday. But I have been cutting short our conversations knowing he is not mine anymore. He noticed that and he started getting mad at me saying the next day, we don't really have to talk anymore and that I make him not wanna talk to me and he has very low tolerance of me especially he's going nuts over this big upcoming exam which will make or break his future. He even said haven't we done a lot of talking? So I replied ok and never pushed further. That night, he still managed to text me goodnight. Since then, I never replied or talked to him anymore. And he hasn't contacted me either. It's been 6 days since.
3
3